Author Topic: Magic Box  (Read 15414 times)

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Magic Box
« on: March 22, 2007, 12:12:08 AM »
does this magic box explain how some of the island's crazy anomolies come about?

Offline unitus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Box
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
is the magic box even real, or just something ben said to get to Locke, once again?

scrod

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:14:19 AM »
Unless Ben can pull a disappeared con man out his ass, I say the box is some cool stuff.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:14:25 AM »
Can they think of those that have died on the island and bring them back to life?

Is that how Jack's dad showed up on the island?

Offline unitus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:15:44 AM »
well, if Locke's dad is the real sawyer, and they have ways to find out minute details about our loveable losties...perhaps they arranged to bring him to the island in the last 70 days, to someday use as a bartarting chip with either Locke or Sawyer.

Offline unitus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:16:24 AM »
i just think a "magic box that can make your dreams come true" is a pretty weak plot-fixer-upper. i'd expect more.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 12:18:10 AM »
I think the magic box is made up. They are playing John again. Ben said earlier, "Bring me the man from Tallahassee" He is one of the others. It  is another con. I believe him, widmore, pak, christian are all involved.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 12:18:34 AM »
i just think a "magic box that can make your dreams come true" is a pretty weak plot-fixer-upper. i'd expect more.
You are assuming this box literally exists, which seems quite presumptuous.  It may be a symbolic or metaphoric way to describe something else. It may just be a flat out lie. 

Offline unitus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 12:21:22 AM »
i wasn't assuming there was a literal "box"...but thanks for that.

i guess, though...

something needs to explain Yemi...Kate's horse, Dave, etc....

is all of this taking place on the holodeck?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 12:23:03 AM »
I think you are really looking to far out there on this. It is going to be much more straightforward than "magic"

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 12:24:01 AM »
There is a giant box, Ben said there are two mice in a giant wheel powering the island with electricity....

j/k

scrod

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 12:24:37 AM »
Do you think this concept will lose people if it is not adequately explained?

scrod

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 12:25:37 AM »
I think the magic box is made up. They are playing John again. Ben said earlier, "Bring me the man from Tallahassee" He is one of the others. It  is another con. I believe him, widmore, pak, christian are all involved.
Kinda would help along the whole 'Christian faked his death' thing a bit, wouldn't it?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 12:26:31 AM »
i don't think there is a real physical box.  i think it is just an expression ben made.  (like the 2 mice on wheels powering the joint)  i don't quite understand it, but i don't think there is a real box.  maybe it's a plane?  or a boat?  or another form of transportation that they call "the box."  or maybe that's what they are calling the "room" cooper was in.

Offline FeelLikeANut

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 12:26:58 AM »
As disappointed as I've been in this show, I need to say that I definitely don't think the magic box was a plot fixer-upper. I think the writers have been planning this for a very long time.

Back towards the beginning of season 2, they told us that the book "The Third Policeman" was very important to the story of LOST. The idea of a box that will give you whatever you desire is practically copy-pasted from "The Third Policeman."