Author Topic: lockes father = the real sawyer?  (Read 13777 times)

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: lockes father = the real sawyer?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 01:02:02 AM »
this i will file under the same category as i had claire being jacks sister, called "as far i am am concerned, this is a fact"

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 01:04:08 AM »
I totally agree with Locke's dad being the real Sawyer.  I thought all ties in FL were from Miami.  I could be wrong, but I don't know that Tallahassee has ever been mentioned before tonight.

Offline Zenobia

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 01:14:23 AM »
Just trying to jump the gun and the wave of posters on later tonight after this much anticipated Lost episode, so here goes...

We know that Kate was trying to escape to Tallahassee before she got caught...

We also know that Sawyer pulled a job in Tallahassee (and Tampa), and that he was in jail in Florida...

And there are several other references to Florida too like Juliet in Miami, Hurley with his orange trees in Florida, and so on...

So what's the deal with this title for Locke's epi tonight? Most of the episode titles are usually significant to the show so is there some connection or overlap that we don't know of yet? Any clues, guesses, or theories?

Anyway, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough who is the mystery man from Tallahassee then you can all feel free to discuss it here...

Happy Lost Day! :)

Turns out there is already a thread about Tallahassee and there are lots of links to it....

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 01:17:14 AM »
Um - not during the show - but yeah now i do!!  When Ben said to bring him the one from tallahasee, I thought they were going to get Sawyer(James Ford).  Because I believe he has some connection to Tallahassee-- I know Tampa is on Sledge's location map, but I thought there was something about tallahassee too.  And until I read this, I didn't put the 2 together!

Offline hefalumps

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 01:29:40 AM »
To follow up on the thread Zenobia mentioned...

Yes, in the same episode where Locke's dad faked his death (Lockdown) and we first found out that he conned people for a living (he made mention of a retirement con that went south, hence the death faking), Sawyer and Jack are playing cards and Sawyer makes the comment to Jack, "You may have been to Phuket, but I've been to Tallahassee." So there definitely seems to be a connection there.

And yes, Kate was heading to Tallahassee after she blew up her step-dad before the Marshal stopped her.

And yes, I'm fairly certain Anthony Cooper is the original Sawyer. Too many coincidences not to be him.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 02:46:57 AM »
The poll thread on this says yes as well.  If so, it's beautiful writing and story structure.  If not, TPTB just want to lead us down the path to try to fool us.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 02:48:54 AM »
Someone's gotta merge all of these threads...

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 03:48:09 AM »
Someone's gotta merge all of these threads...

I agree... seriously, there's like 5 locke's dad threads and 3 magic box threads... I hate self-policing but it's the only solution I have... people, please read the pre-existing threads before starting another of the same topic... sometimes I get lost and don't remember where I posted what... we all do... it happens, I realize some topics overlap and that a few of you are new so it's ok... just trying to be courteous... :)

Anyway - The Real Sawyer... the thought had occurred to me while watching the epi and thought that it had great potential for setting up a possible Sawyer(aka Locke's Dad)-Sawyer(aka James Ford) connection. It would make for a really cool episode. It goes back to the whole daddy issues subject, not to mention Locke facing his fears and Sawyer getting the revenge he's always wanted. It's like DaBills said, things will come full circle because the original conman will meet our resident, island conman. Thus, I'm hoping what Locke saw was his real-life, palpable dad and not just a psychological representation of him from Ben's Magic Box.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 04:41:24 AM by uofapiglet »

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 08:47:54 AM »
I don't remember details about Sawyer pulling a con in Tallahassee, but he did contract an STD there. I think it's Lockdown, where they're playing poker for the guns, where he mentions that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:50:20 AM by eelpie62 »

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »
YAY!!  I agree too.  That is exactly what I thought when Ben said
get the man from Tallahassee.
Oh this will get interesting as more and more connnections are formed.  I'm excited

I agree that people should really read the threads and stop rushing to post a new one so quickly.  Maybe the Mods can help us clean it all up nicely

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
I merged 3 magic box threads already.  What else needs merging.  Oh and if you see threads that need it, you can report them.  I just happened to notice the Box ones
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
Thanks
Piglets post below mentions some threads

Offline Eballs

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »
I agree with Locke's dad being the real Sawyer I put two and two together right after the ep ended. 

Where did Sawyer spend his jail time?  I thought that was in Florida somewhere, maybe, possible, I actually have no idea.

I thought this was a great ep.

Offline rdt2323

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »
But who is the man who un-cuff locke. Where did he come from? Have we seen him before? Do just a few people know about the "BOX"?

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »
But who is the man who un-cuff locke

I have seen that actor in several roles.  Surely he will be a prominent figure in future episodes.