no
19 (42.2%)
maybe
7 (15.6%)
who cares?
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 25, 2007, 04:19:05 PM

Author Topic: Since there seems to be a disagreement..  (Read 15205 times)

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Since there seems to be a disagreement..
« on: March 18, 2007, 04:19:05 PM »
I decided to make a poll I wanted to see the concensus!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Since there seems to be a disagreement..
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:22:02 PM »
I voted YES!  :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 05:24:29 PM »
You know I voted YES!!

mindsparkle

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 07:16:30 PM »
We need more voters...

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
Since I have been a proponent of the multiple universe theory, I voted yes, with the caveat that he did also die.  Make sense?

kelvinlives

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:40:36 PM »
How did I vote?
What is my current name?
 ;)

Christian LIVES!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:08:20 PM »
I voted a maybe.  I am  not totally on the bandwagon with this theory.  Of course, by voting "maybe" I realize I chickened out on either being right or wrong when the theory is proved one way or another, but I still can't get past the fact that Jack ID'd him at the morgue.  I can, however, wrap my mind around the fact that Dharma and Hanso are so huge that people could be involved in it in all walks of life.  That even a mortician could be fooled in some way that the man was dead, or that he could have been in on some attempt to make Christian seem dead to the world.  If Christian is alive, but knew he was going away, that would make him going to Austrailia to see Claire understandable.  (To say Good-bye).  Hanso could be into some re-animation project, though too, along with their life-expectancy project.  They could be bringing people back to life, like having a Pet Cemetary, or something.

scrod

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 09:27:55 PM »
I think the only person you have to hurdle in faking Christian's death is Jack.  He is highly unlikely to give him a full exam in the morgue - a doctor may be the easiest one to fool!

Why is he still alive?  How the hell should I know?  Just know that he is.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 09:58:32 PM »
I think the only person you have to hurdle in faking Christian's death is Jack.  He is highly unlikely to give him a full exam in the morgue - a doctor may be the easiest one to fool!

SCROD!  My MAN!  I didn't know you're on our team!  lol

You have to remember, also, that Jack wasn't looking @ Christian as a doctor looks @ a patient, but as a son looks @ a father who he already believes is dead.  It was his emotions driving his thinking @ that point, & he could have easily missed anything awry.

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 11:25:23 PM »
Christian on the island initially seemed to be an incarnation of the smoke monster. Hie appeared and disappeared, plus there was a sound of the ice in the glass when he was running through the jungle. Christian being alive now would seem to conflict with how he was presented earlier. I voted for dead. Explain the earlier vision and I might become a believer.

scrod

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 11:40:12 PM »
There were visions of Walt that would seem to be the smoke monster, so there is some precedent for live people represented by smokie.  Probably other examples I am too lazy to think of right now.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:35:50 AM »

Good question to ponder, if Christian is still alive...why is he still alive...what are the motives for faking his death?

scrod

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:19 AM »

Good question to ponder, if Christian is still alive...why is he still alive...what are the motives for faking his death?
Given a choice, I think I would rather fake my own death than actually die, but that's just me.  Also allows him to avoid the long security lines at the airport and customs. ;)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 01:01:07 AM »
I voted a maybe.  I am  not totally on the bandwagon with this theory.  Of course, by voting "maybe" I realize I chickened out on either being right or wrong when the theory is proved one way or another, but I still can't get past the fact that Jack ID'd him at the morgue.  I can, however, wrap my mind around the fact that Dharma and Hanso are so huge that people could be involved in it in all walks of life.  That even a mortician could be fooled in some way that the man was dead, or that he could have been in on some attempt to make Christian seem dead to the world.  If Christian is alive, but knew he was going away, that would make him going to Austrailia to see Claire understandable.  (To say Good-bye).  Hanso could be into some re-animation project, though too, along with their life-expectancy project.  They could be bringing people back to life, like having a Pet Cemetary, or something.
i agree.  i can't make up my mind.  i don't think they could bring him back to life, but i'm starting to believe he might have never been dead.  but i don't really think tptb will go there.  i don't think claire and jack will ever know of their connection, and if christian IS alive, they will eventually find out.  so i don't know.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 01:20:54 AM »
There were visions of Walt that would seem to be the smoke monster, so there is some precedent for live people represented by smokie.  Probably other examples I am too lazy to think of right now.
I know I might be shooting myself in the foot by saying this, but I do not believe that Smoky was responsible for Walt's appearances, based on Klugh's questions to Michael on S2E22.

MS. KLUGH: Did Walt ever appear in a place he wasn't supposed to be? You say he was half way around the world -- did you see him?