no
19 (42.2%)
maybe
7 (15.6%)
who cares?
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 25, 2007, 04:19:05 PM

Author Topic: Since there seems to be a disagreement..  (Read 15200 times)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
Re: Since there seems to be a disagreement..
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
starflier23
Crazy stuff
Juggy
Princess Leia
airdude
snowyjoe
Des8
E-Rich
Lost from the start
GJ
Jackreallylovesjuggy

This list!!
that could be it except I am not on it and I am pretty darn sure I asked you to add me
so no...that CANNOT BE IT!! ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 12:46:21 PM »
starflier23
Crazy stuff
Juggy
Princess Leia
airdude
snowyjoe
Des8
E-Rich
Lost from the start
GJ
Jackreallylovesjuggy
Lostgirl (AKA Debs)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 12:48:25 PM »
Now THAT looks like the right list to me!!

scrod

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 01:24:38 PM »
Correct.

My point all along has been that the fact that Christian's body went missing means absolutely nothing thus far. Yemi's body is gone, as is Kelvin's. So that in and of itself is not very strong evidence.

Occam's Razor states that the simplest (least complicated) solution is usually the most correct one.

Utilizing that, Christian is most likely dead since all of the available evidence points to that conclusion. He may very well be alive, but I don't see the evidence for it and nobody has come up with a very convincing argument yet. There is much "jumping to a conclusion" rather than a systematic, logical argument in support of Christian's survival.

It may very well be that he is alive, however I don't think so. It has also been postulated that he is HIM, or Jacob, or one of the Others. I don't buy that either. If Locke and the others are too flawed to make it onto the list, then is a Drunk OK??? Anger and weakness are disqualifiers for Otherville membership, but being a Drunk who fathers a child out of wedlock and treats his wife and son as poorly as Christian did makes him a candidate for not just membership, but LEADERSHIP. If this turns out to be the case, then I would say that the writers of this show would lose mucho credibility.

Too contradictory IMHO.
But sometimes leadership demands qualities from the rank and file that it does not possess itself - and not always in a reasonable way.

And while I'm on the subject - thanks Florida!

Remember Occam's Razor is only one tool. 

If we rely on evidence, we have seen Christian with our own eyes walking around the island at a point in time after his supposed death, wearing a suit that he would have been wearing in the coffin and the actual coffin is empty.  It would be reasonable to conclude that our previous information (from the mortician) may have been faulty and/or purposely tampered with to intentionally mislead us.  Jack would be unreliable due to his mental state, in addition I do not believe he gave him a thorough (or even cursory) examination to ensure he was dead.  He accepted the information he was given.

For motive, Christian had growing debt, a dwindling professional reputation and adult children experiencing great difficulty on 2 continents.  The time to 'disappear' and start over would be now, faking a death and taking an assumed identity could be part of that. 

Or (for the purposes of our story) he could have possessed unusual skill or information that would lead Mittlewerk/Dharma to recruit him - necessitating his disappearance.  Also would permanently stop his pain in the ass son from chasing around looking for him.  IF that is the plan, that part didn't work out so well.

However we also saw Kate's Horse, Dave, Yemi, etc. So that is not reliable evidence either.
Not totally unreliable.  We also saw Walt at a point in time that he was absolutely alive.  I would discount the Dave thing, as he was seen off-island.  Remains unsolved in my mind if he was the continued manifestation of Hurley's brain or part of the island thing.  Even for Yemi, the only evidence that he is dead is that a necklace was found in a plane that apparently left Africa with him in it.  Those bones coulda been anybody  (ok,ok don't get yer panties in a bundle, I know it was him, just playing the other side of the issue)

Unfortunately, we would like to have corroborating witnesses.  With the exception of the Walt siting, I believe all these things were only one person at a time.

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »
Christian is alive and well, and wouldn't it be awesome to see him in the next Jack flashback.

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 03:04:49 PM »
starflier23
Crazy stuff
Juggy
Princess Leia
airdude
snowyjoe
Des8
E-Rich
Lost from the start
GJ
Jackreallylovesjuggy
Lostgirl (AKA Debs)

I am adding myself to the list

starflier23
Crazy stuff
Juggy
Princess Leia
airdude
snowyjoe
Des8
E-Rich
Lost from the start
GJ
Jackreallylovesjuggy
Lostgirl (AKA Debs)
Jules778

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 04:13:40 PM »
starflier23
Crazy stuff
Juggy
Princess Leia
airdude
snowyjoe
Des8
E-Rich
Lost from the start
GJ
Jackreallylovesjuggy