no
19 (42.2%)
maybe
7 (15.6%)
who cares?
2 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 25, 2007, 04:19:05 PM

Author Topic: Since there seems to be a disagreement..  (Read 15202 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Since there seems to be a disagreement..
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 04:37:09 AM »
I voted yes, he's alive.  He and Jack have a fence to mend, not to mention the problems with Claire.  If Christian is dead then Jack and Claire will never know they are half-sibs, so why did the writers even mention it?  Claire doesn't even know Christian's name!  He's alive!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 06:45:11 AM »
I voted "No". Christian is dead in my eyes because:

1) They showed him as dead.
2) There isn't a reason given for him to want to fake his own death.
3) We already had Locke's father faking HIS own death. To use that twist twice in the same show would be lame.
4) The police found him in an alley; the examining doctors did tests on his body and discovered he had a hugely high blood alcohol level; either both the police and the doctors were in on the fake death, or Christian really did die.
5) They actually show Christian evaporating into thin air while Jack was chasing him in the jungle. Kinda gives the impression of him being a hallucination.

I do, though, believe that Christian was murdered.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:50:17 AM by WhatThe »

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 08:14:59 AM »
I voted no. Jack also "saw" Christian when he (Jack) was sleep-deprived. And, we know Smokey likes to manifest into people (possibly things, animals) seemingly from people's memories (like Eko's brother, possibly Kate's horse).

kelvinlives

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 08:27:03 AM »
Everyone seems to forget the girl that drowned the Eko investigated.
Her father was the same guy that told Claire to go to the States.

If Christian is dead AND his body was in the casket: Where did it go?

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 09:02:43 AM »
There were visions of Walt that would seem to be the smoke monster, so there is some precedent for live people represented by smokie.  Probably other examples I am too lazy to think of right now.

But Bea implies that Walt is someone who knows the answer to the Firesign Theatre question "how can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?".

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 09:49:34 AM »

Same place Yemi's body went.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
I voted yes, he's alive.  He and Jack have a fence to mend, not to mention the problems with Claire.  If Christian is dead then Jack and Claire will never know they are half-sibs, so why did the writers even mention it?  Claire doesn't even know Christian's name!  He's alive!
I believe that the Others know this info & will reveal it to one or the other of them if they should need "motivation."

Also- I'm thinking that Jack has his dad's wallet from the hotel room in Australia, so he would have a photo ID for Claire to see if there was a question.  I know it may be reaching... :-\ :)

kelvinlives

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 02:41:14 PM »

Yes Goober, where is that? And what is down with the bodies?
Until we find out that they bodies are place lovingly in a special place by the Island/Smokie, then we can't rule out that Christian's body was not there because he is not dead. Now if Jack didn't put the body in the casket, it would be a different story. We don't know the whole story, and just assume that he was able to get the body on the plane at the last minute.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 04:03:59 PM »
I don't think he's alive. There are other ways for Jack and Claire to discover their connection - just like Sawyer made his connection to Jacks dad.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 09:15:38 AM »

Yes Goober, where is that? And what is down with the bodies?
Until we find out that they bodies are place lovingly in a special place by the Island/Smokie, then we can't rule out that Christian's body was not there because he is not dead. Now if Jack didn't put the body in the casket, it would be a different story. We don't know the whole story, and just assume that he was able to get the body on the plane at the last minute.

Umm. Dude that makes no sense... ???

Just because the body is gone he must be alive???

Specious reasoning.

Maybe he's alive, maybe he ain't, right now the evidence overwhelmingly points towards worm-food methinks.

kelvinlives

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2007, 09:58:13 AM »
Goober I said you can't rule it out. I never said he has to be alive because you can't find the body.

I wished people would read what other people write instead of just repeating that something doesn't make sense.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 10:05:35 AM »
The only damning evidence of Christina being dead is that Jack saw his body in the morgue. Tough to get around but I can with some hollywood magic. GIve him some drugs to lower his breathing and bloodpressure. Jack only looked at him for about 10 seconds tops and he broke down. So he could have been fooled.

I also believe the Christian on the island are visisons from dehydrated Jack. Not christian running through the jungle.

Reasons he is alive.

1) Airline worker was argueing that Jack did not have the documentation to get the body on the plane. But the casket was on the plane. How did it get on the plane? Well an empty caket does not need documentation. No body was in the casket so it was put on the plane.

2) Suspecious hotel room, with the cigarettes and medicine and the wallet. All clues to the truth. Very cryptic clue in Jacks question of who would leave their wallet behind.

3) The producers saying that if you die on the island, you stay dead, Christian did not die on the island, he is alive

4) would make for a great story line.

5) Christian is so involved in getting people on that plane and on the island. Jack, Claire, anna ... he is very involved in this drama unfolding.

Offline Bacon

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 11:56:13 AM »
I agree with Jugdish on this.  There are too many reasons that Christian could be alive.  Look at some of the things Hanso studied, cryogenics, life extension.....not to mention that there were bottles of Hydralazine (which lowers blood pressure) in Christians hotel room when Jack searched it.  I guess only time will tell, but I dont think we have seen any real proof that he is dead!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 11:59:11 AM »
I think we have seen real proof that he is dead (Jack saw him in the morgue).

We have NOT seen real proof he is alive. However, we do have some really good speculation points.

LOST is generally going to show us the truth. Until I see Christian alive, I am going to believe he is dead.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 02:02:53 PM »
The only damning evidence of Christina being dead is that Jack saw his body in the morgue. Tough to get around but I can with some hollywood magic. GIve him some drugs to lower his breathing and bloodpressure. Jack only looked at him for about 10 seconds tops and he broke down. So he could have been fooled.

I also believe the Christian on the island are visisons from dehydrated Jack. Not christian running through the jungle.

Reasons he is alive.

1) Airline worker was argueing that Jack did not have the documentation to get the body on the plane. But the casket was on the plane. How did it get on the plane? Well an empty caket does not need documentation. No body was in the casket so it was put on the plane.

2) Suspecious hotel room, with the cigarettes and medicine and the wallet. All clues to the truth. Very cryptic clue in Jacks question of who would leave their wallet behind.

3) The producers saying that if you die on the island, you stay dead, Christian did not die on the island, he is alive

4) would make for a great story line.

5) Christian is so involved in getting people on that plane and on the island. Jack, Claire, anna ... he is very involved in this drama unfolding.
Juggy- are you sure there were cigarettes? ???

& do you know why I'm asking? 8)