Author Topic: Episode 3x13, "The Man From Tallahassee" (Hype Thread)  (Read 6796 times)

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3x13, "The Man From Tallahassee" (Hype Thread)
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 03:54:04 AM »
Ah, you gotta love that spoilerish CTV...

Tonight's episode has been a long time coming and I know that I've talked to a few of you already about our shared anticipation/excitement about it. I said it before and I'll say it again here - I don't want to expect too much from the writers but I hope that they follow up last week with a good Locke episode or at least a decent explanation for why he's in a wheelchair... and seeing the previews, maybe another insight into Locke's character and penchant for disaster or for blowing things up.

I'm looking forward to the Ben-Locke scene because I always think back to that old episode with Ben saying, "I came here for you John, we're the good guys, blah blah blah." I don't really want to say that Locke is out for vengeance or feels wronged/duped by Ben, because I think it's more of, 'Locke has a personal agenda and an unexplainable connection to the island'. The last few episodes have made me re-examine my thoughts on the situation between John Locke and the Others because Locke is definitely one of the most intriguing characters on the show.

As far as the sub and the C4 goes, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Oh yeah, I agree with Thlay that S1 Hunter Locke is way better than S2 Button-pushing Locke... :)

Ok, so I didn't call Ben having been born or living on the island for all his life, and I definitely had no clue about Locke's reason for being in a wheelchair or the magic box or the appearance of Locke's dad...

But I have to say, I told ya so, on Ben and Locke's talk... I almost felt like Ben was saying what I posted above just in different words! It's a nice feeling... :)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3x13, "The Man From Tallahassee" (Hype Thread)
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2007, 02:38:43 PM »
Ah, you gotta love that spoilerish CTV...

Tonight's episode has been a long time coming and I know that I've talked to a few of you already about our shared anticipation/excitement about it. I said it before and I'll say it again here - I don't want to expect too much from the writers but I hope that they follow up last week with a good Locke episode or at least a decent explanation for why he's in a wheelchair... and seeing the previews, maybe another insight into Locke's character and penchant for disaster or for blowing things up.

I'm looking forward to the Ben-Locke scene because I always think back to that old episode with Ben saying, "I came here for you John, we're the good guys, blah blah blah." I don't really want to say that Locke is out for vengeance or feels wronged/duped by Ben, because I think it's more of, 'Locke has a personal agenda and an unexplainable connection to the island'. The last few episodes have made me re-examine my thoughts on the situation between John Locke and the Others because Locke is definitely one of the most intriguing characters on the show.

As far as the sub and the C4 goes, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)

Oh yeah, I agree with Thlay that S1 Hunter Locke is way better than S2 Button-pushing Locke... :)

Ok, so I didn't call Ben having been born or living on the island for all his life, and I definitely had no clue about Locke's reason for being in a wheelchair or the magic box or the appearance of Locke's dad...

But I have to say, I told ya so, on Ben and Locke's talk... I almost felt like Ben was saying what I posted above just in different words! It's a nice feeling... :)
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,3602.msg212972.html#msg212972

Post here! ;D