Author Topic: Episode 3x13, "The Man From Tallahassee" (Hype Thread)  (Read 6956 times)

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3x13, "The Man From Tallahassee" (Hype Thread)
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 10:19:11 AM »
I don't know if anyone else noticed this on the Canadian trailer. Just after Jack tells Kate to "Just get out of here" she is thrown to the floor by a male. It is a quick shot but my computer happened to freeze at the right time. I am sure it was Michael!

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 10:47:58 AM »
I don't know if anyone else noticed this on the Canadian trailer. Just after Jack tells Kate to "Just get out of here" she is thrown to the floor by a male. It is a quick shot but my computer happened to freeze at the right time. I am sure it was Michael!

screen cap plz!

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 12:39:03 PM »

screen cap plz!

IMO, it is the same man that was handcuffing Jack a couple of episodes ago. He does look like Michael, but it's not. He's also seen on the beach as a tailie. ;)

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »

screen cap plz!

IMO, it is the same man that was handcuffing Jack a couple of episodes ago. He does look like Michael, but it's not. He's also seen on the beach as a tailie. ;)

I thought I finally had something good to offer. Well...... never mind then!

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 07:52:06 AM »
Just watched it again and it really does look like Michael, it even sounds like him. Would be cool if it was him but unfortunatley it sounds like he is just an Other :(

Offline lostforever

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »
Is a sub, he blew up a sub!!!!!! he did use the C4 to blew up the sub~

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
Sounds like a spoiler :)
It looks very much like Locke blew up the sub once again cementing the fact that John Locke is very happy to stay on the Island seeing how the sub seems to be the main transport to and from the Island.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »
i think this scene could be a flashback.  where we find out about locke's past.

Offline ChellyKins

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 02:11:56 PM »
I don't think it is LB. Reasons why...his shirt, bald head, and he even said he was wanting the sub. So..I personally predicted this one to my husband last night. Dude is going to blow up the sub. lol

He's holding his hands up...is someone standing there with a gun on him? Who is it?? lol
AND, in the lil clip you can see jack bent over doing whatever and he turns his face towards the camera (whoever or whatever he is looking towards) and a flash of light goes off...could he be there about to take a sub to the states when Locke decides to blow the dang thing up?!?!?  :o
Notice the bruised eye of Locke...looks like he's in a "cell" like Jack was...I bet Jack didn't cry over this one and beat the snot out of Locke!  :D

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 04:35:09 PM »
where do you see a sub in that pic?  I can't tell

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 09:53:11 PM »
I think John wants to stay on the island forever.  I think, without having a family, he has found a home and a family-like network that he doesn't want to let go of.  I think he even would prevent anyone else from leaving the island just so that he can have his family bliss.  He is pissed that the Others are ruining that, so he is going in to kick some Others-ass.

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2007, 05:42:04 AM »
Splitting the trailer up Im pretty confident that Locke with his hands up and the explosion behind him (pretty sure thats the Sub going boom) is present time, on the Island.
The Locke we see with the gown on, black eye being lifted onto a bed is the past, Im sure this is the flashback showing Locke and how he ended up in a wheelchair, looks like he blew something up there too.

Kate and Sayid were there to rescue Jack, however Locke wasnt interested in Jack, he just wants the Sub and judging by these scenes it seems he wants to blow it up so that no-one leaves the Island.

Locke is happy here, he can walk, he is in control of his own destiny and to a certain extent he has respect. He can support himself (hunting) and he can stick up for himself too, notably the spat he had with Jack over the hatch. John Locke seems to know, more than any other survivor, how this Island ticks, he seems to have some understanding of the inner secrets of the Island.
In the real world before he was on the Island Locke was looked down on, not just because he was in the wheel chair but because he seems very easily led. His father used him for his kidney, his boss had no respect for him, he became infactuated with a woman on a phone line (think we will find out more about the mysterious Helen characted in this episode) and most recently he was working for a comune who were growing weed  behind his back.

The John Locke on the island is a very different John Locke in the real world, he is stronger, more respected, can fend for himself and is very strong willed too. No wonder he wants to stay here!  ;)

Offline lostforever

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2007, 01:32:47 PM »
This is what i guess, if compare with the expo in the 3x11, the expo in "The Man From Tallahassee" seem like blew up under water......... what do you think?

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 07:17:19 PM »
Got to remember that the explosion in 'Enter 77' consisted of a complete bunker rigged with explosives, I think Locke only had 1 'pack' of explosives in his ruck sack. Therefore the explosions would look different.
Looking at the trailer for this weeks show theres a snippet of Locke looking into a shaft, judging by the 'hands up' picture it looks more likley that he blew the shaft up rather than the sub.

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 08:36:26 PM »
Remember the game Locke was playing on his break at the box company?  What was he called.......was it Sgt. Locke, or something like that?  I think he is in that "game" mode, and is going militant on us.  I think he is hiding stuff from the other losties because he knows that the less someone knows about something, the less they can talk about something.  I think we have seen the beginnings of Locke being a leader!!