Author Topic: Locke's Dad Likes Mccutcheon  (Read 1767 times)

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Locke's Dad Likes Mccutcheon
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:51:54 PM »
Another great easter egg
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 12:03:36 AM by MichiganFan »

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Locke's Dad Likes Mccucheon
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 12:03:03 AM »
a tied up and beat easter egg

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Locke's Dad Likes Mccutcheon
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 12:05:14 AM »
more of a motif than an easter egg... :)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 12:15:38 AM »
who wouldn't like mccutcheon?  at least if you like to drink.  any whiskey that old and that expensive is going to be FABULOUS!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:01:30 AM »
I think there's more to it than it being an easter egg.  I think it is giving us the wink and nod.  Admiral Anderson MacCutcheon, greatest decorated officer of the Royal Navy, could be "Him", could be Ben's dad, or could be nobody.  But I doubt they would have killed screen time to tell us the background of the story in Desmond's epi, if it wasn't part of something here.

Offline thwgt

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 01:09:48 AM »
I think there's more to it than it being an easter egg.  I think it is giving us the wink and nod.  Admiral Anderson MacCutcheon, greatest decorated officer of the Royal Navy, could be "Him", could be Ben's dad, or could be nobody.  But I doubt they would have killed screen time to tell us the background of the story in Desmond's epi, if it wasn't part of something here.
Think you may have a point.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »
I wouldn't get too, too wrapped up in the signifigance of all these men drinking the same whiskey. I agree there may be something to the name they chose for the drink, but the fact that it keeps showing up is probably because of legal issues. There was an article in the Boston Sunday Globe from March 4th, about people thinking the shows "Heroes" and "Lost" have a connection, one reason being that the car rental company "Gannon" shows up in both. Carlton Cuse is quoted as saying, "Sometimes a rental-car pamphlet is just a rental-car pamphlet." Some fictional names are created to be cleared for legal purposes for use on TV studios and movies (Oceanic Arlines is also in the movie "Executive Decision") So basically, they come up with a name for something, research it to make sure they wont be sued, print up and create the props, and that's what the character drinks or rents or whatever. Personally, as a fan, I'd rather have the shows budget go toward actors and writing then developing 3 different brands of alcoholic beverages. Therefore, I'm sure they just went down to props that day and grabbed a bottle of McCutcheon's.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:26:42 PM »
I think that Penny's dad's whiskey history ramblings were intended as a connection to the Bad Twin book.  The Widmore patriarch of that story also loved discusing his family heritage & his whiskey.