Author Topic: locke...  (Read 4288 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: locke...
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 08:45:49 AM »
I figured Locke just pushed him through the fence just to see what would happen.  It's true when he said something like "yeah, like i knew they had some sonic death emitter in there..."  i would've done the same thing rather than have one of the good guys go through first... and he didn't have the patience to wait around for sayid and kate
I do think it too. BUT, he could do it it in a gazillion ways, other than push patchy. I believe he pushed Mikhail as a message to Mikhail's friends.

Offline Swank13

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »
First, I agree with the fact that Locke wants to keep the fact that he was paralyzed a secret as Sayid thinks he doesn't want them to get off the island.  In fairness Locke has done some questionable stuff on the island.  One that comes to mind in the first season is when he saw Walt set the raft on fire and never tried to stop him.  Locke feels that he is meant to be on the island and the fear of returning to the mainland and back to his wheelchair has clouded his decisions. 

Second, how the hell did he get in the wheelchair in the first place?  Last season I posted that I thought he became paralyzed as a result of the collapsing deck caused by Hurley, I am going to stick with that for now.

Third, what is the connection between Patchey and Locke...  Maybe Locke was also recruited pre-paralyzation for something and was not allowed to come due to his condition.  He might be making the connection that he was originally supposed to be recruited for Dahrma or this other group to go to the island with Patchey.  I think that he may be piecing it together now and that is why he has so much anger towards them.  He has been saying that this is his destiny.

Just some ramblings....

Offline unitus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 10:31:25 AM »
Second, how the hell did he get in the wheelchair in the first place?

i believe we'll find that out next week.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 10:45:45 AM »
I also think he was pushed to shut him up and at the same time test the "alarm system"
Locke definately has his own agenda, and as someone pointed out has been seeking answers about the island more than anything since day one.
I think how he ended up in the wheelchair may shed some light (or not)
I'm not sure if he didn't want his friends to know that he was in fact in a wheelchair when they crashed, or the reason he was in a wheelchair to begin with of both.  (Rose knows and believes it was the island that cured her and Locke)

But Patchy seemed to know a hell of a lot about all of them.....

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 12:39:49 PM »
He pushed him to test the fence...nothing to do with bean-spilling, imo.

It's not that Locke doesn't want to get rescued per se.  He doesn't want the island to be discovered and subsequently ruined.

mindsparkle

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 03:17:27 PM »
Locke is human, Patchy was a creep and Locke threw him into the fence since he said it hadn't worked for years... Locke's tired of the BS... you say it doesn't work then lets find out... 

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 10:04:21 PM »
Locke is human, Patchy was a creep and Locke threw him into the fence since he said it hadn't worked for years... Locke's tired of the BS... you say it doesn't work then lets find out... 

Yeah I agree with that!!  Locke wants that sub though!!

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 04:10:12 AM »
i think Locke was trying to prevent Mikhail from spilling the beans about his legs.

I don't buy this anymore...for starters, Locke wanted Patchy dead long before Patchy started revealing Locke's secret about his legs...secondly, because Locke pushed Patchy into the fence right in front of everyone. I would think that if Locke's motivation was to murder the guy to keep him quiet, he would do it covertly, so that no questions were asked. He wouldn't want Sayid and Kate saying "Why did you do that, Locke?!!" if the reason he did it was suppoed to remain secret.

His pushing Patchy into the fence seemed exactly as it appeared: as if Locke didn't quite buy that the fence worked, and wanted to test it out. Since both he and Rousseau wanted to just kill Patchy anyway, he had no qualms in doing what he did.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
And nobody is talking about the fact the fence took some long seconds to affect Mikhail? He could probably run back or through before being turned into milk-shake.