Author Topic: Food Drop?  (Read 3124 times)

Offline LOST N LOST

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Food Drop?
« on: March 12, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »
What does this mean? the food drop seems to be controlled by the flame station, right? So who called for the food drop, patchy? Where did the food come from? there was no plane (at least not one we saw or heard) does this mean dharma still thinks they are incontrol of the island and still exsist? so by lock blowing up the flame wouldnt he have done a good thing. But would appear wrong at the time. Maybe this somehow will send a signal to dharma or the other hatches leting them know they have been compromised. The whole food drop thing is getting to me. If u guys have any ideas let me know. And what caused the blast doors to close in the swan, i originaly thought it was the food drop, but who knows now? AHHHHHH so many questions.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Food Drop?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:20:29 PM »
This is what I kind of think, that Dharma was taken over bby the others but they continued the experiments and made out that Dharma was able to rectify the situation. By Locke pushing 77 he has alerted the outside. I am aware there are plenty of holes in this theory at the moment but Im going with it.
The blast doors did close because of the food drop, IMO. I believe Patchy organised the food drops, when he saw Locke etc on screen when they were in the Pearl it didn't appear that he was shocked to see them, he just didn't want them to see him. Supplying the Losties with some kind of food would discourage them from going too far into the jungle and discovering new things. If you dont need to hunt you dont.

Offline snowyjoe

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 04:08:22 AM »
food drop... to see hurleys reaction... Dharma have the people on the island so they can mentally test them... and the food drop tested hurley... the drugs.. charlie. etc etc etc

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 04:19:48 AM »
food drop... to see hurleys reaction... Dharma have the people on the island so they can mentally test them... and the food drop tested hurley... the drugs.. charlie. etc etc etc

snowyjoe?  That actually kinda...made sense. :-\  Are you feeling ok? ??? [/jk] :D

Good post, though.  I do like the idea.

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 04:36:35 AM »

snowyjoe?  That actually kinda...made sense. :-\  Are you feeling ok? ??? [/jk] :D

Good post, though.  I do like the idea.

I was thinking the same thing PL! LOL! :D

I was like, "wow, that was actually insightful..." Nice analogy, and good on ya Joe... What a funny kid... :P

You could actually make an argument that the rest of our Losties are being faced with similar tests to their personal reserve... like Jack and his surgical skills and always wanting to do what's right, Sayid and torcher, Kate and her escape mentality, Sawyer and his cons, Locke/Eko with their faith, and so on... It's an interesting concept on the food drop situation that kinda ties in with the rest of our losties... like the "points of irony" thread...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 11:03:23 AM »
wow!  great thought snowyjoe!  (and pl and piglet)  i kind of like the idea that they are all being tested.  i think jack's is more of "fixing people" though and not so much his surgical skills (although they are coming in handy!).  sort of like they all have this crutch, and DHARMA is testing them to see exactly how they handle being exposed to these crutches.  i think this goes back to the "human experiment" thing.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 11:12:38 AM »
Interesting bit of insight I agree....could Danielle be part of the experiment? She did shock Sayid to get him to talk....Locke's crutch at the moment is too much of "what does this button do?"

Offline snowyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 05:37:28 AM »
aww shux.... :D