Author Topic: Danielle  (Read 6445 times)

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Danielle
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 10:42:25 PM »
I am slightly leaning towards the capture of Ben by Danielle being a staged event.

I mean...why was the leader of the others just wandering around near the Losties camp, without armed guards, unless he planned on being caught and using the Henry story?

So the plan could have been:
-Ben needs surgery
-From Ethan they find out that one of the crash survivors is a surgeon
-Ben wants to get close to the surgeon
-They get Danielle to stage his capture, and intentionally wound him so he'll require the aid of a doctor
-Being the doctor, Jack spends time with Ben
-Jack goes to the other island and give Ben surgery.

See I do believe the capture was a staged event, only from Bens side though. Danielle wasn't aware of any plan, the others knew how to manipulate the situation to get what they want which in this case was an entry into the Losties without seeming suspicious. From there Ben knew he could work on Jack, Sayid just stuffed with his plans :D

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 04:28:59 AM »
Danielle, that crazy French gal... what an odd broad...

Well it's no mystery that Danielle's presence on the island is a mystery. There are a lot of loopholes in her story but she's on the island for a reason and the one thing we all know for sure is that she's managed to survive on the island by herself (at least that's the simplest scenario that the writer's have given us) and chances are that Alex is probably her missing daughter...

For now I'm going to stick to the obvious and believe that she continues to survive on the island in hopes of finding her daughter... but I'm sure she's hiding some bizarre secret and a dark past, we'll never find out until she gets her own flashback or backstory... and maybe they'll do a joint Danielle/Alex episode where we find out what really happened to Danielle and her crew... as well as how Alex was kidnapped and raised by the others... one can only hope for some answers instead of more mysteries on the show... :)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 07:29:14 AM »
I am slightly leaning towards the capture of Ben by Danielle being a staged event.

I mean...why was the leader of the others just wandering around near the Losties camp, without armed guards, unless he planned on being caught and using the Henry story?

-Ben needs surgery
-They get Danielle to stage his capture, and intentionally wound him so he'll require the aid of a doctor

See I do believe the capture was a staged event, only from Bens side though. Danielle wasn't aware of any plan, the others knew how to manipulate the situation to get what they want which in this case was an entry into the Losties without seeming suspicious. From there Ben knew he could work on Jack, Sayid just stuffed with his plans :D

I do agree that Danielle wasn't aware. By what I could infer this is the scenario:

1- Danielle arrives as a Dharma security.
2- The purge of the othrs takes place. Danielle is the only spared because she is pregnant.
3- She lives with them until she gives birth. In this time she learns about the ways of them.
4- After Alex is born she escapes before being killed. Know a lot of the island and the others she is capable of making the broadcastand hide in te island.
5- Later she can meet with Alex, and starts a relationship with her. Alex having only a stepfather believes on her mother.
6- She finds Sayid, that does not act as the others, tells him about her story, avoiding details of Dharma and the others.
7- Ben goes to get Locke, and get caught on purpose on the net. Ben tries to run when he is with Danielle and Sayid, probably because he wanted to be found by Locke. Remember that he had staged the Henry Gale history, to ensure that he could convince Locke.
8- Danielle hits him and his plans start to fail. Danielle probably is hoping that if the survivors kill the stepfather of Alex, it will be easier to recover her daughter.
9- Ben works Locke on the lockdown.
10- Sayid blows his disguise. He starts to work Locke on a different way.
11- The others make the decision of rescuing Ben. They use Michael to do so, and as a plus get the doctor to operate on Ben.
13- After Kate and Sawyer get back, a worried Danielle decides to help them, fearing the revenge of Ben. But still never leaves the cover of the woods.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 04:47:21 PM »

-Ben needs surgery

I like this idea - I'm not sure Danielle staged the capture but I think her and Ben made an agreement when he got caught in the net

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 04:49:05 PM »
I can agree with that. She might be mad now, because Ben has not lived up to that agreement

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »
I think the capture of Ben was staged and that she was in on it.

If it were staged only on his end, why would he assume that she would take him to the hatch?

She is too unstable to put yourself at risk with her on the assumption of what she would do.

Maybe he promised her he would reunite her with Alex if she helped?

A lot of mysties around her, hopefuly some will be answered as part of the "search party".

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »
I have two different theories about danielle

1.(which I've had fromt he very beginning)She is an Other, just someonet that they send to make sure the Losties arent doing anything there not supposed to be doing.

2.(which Ive only started to think about since "enter 77")When the Others took Alex they told that if we ever see you again then your daughter will die.  This is why as soon as she saw the Flame she hid until she knew it was safe that no one would see her except for Patchie which they of course had taken hostage.

I would love to see a Danielle Centric episode, that would make my day.

mindsparkle

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 11:33:20 PM »
I thought it was interesting in the up-coming previews Patchy never addresses Danielle... he mentions Sayid, Kate and Locke by name, full names but he never once says a thing to Danielle... as if he knows who she is and it doesn't matter or  something strange going on... she even says things about him, like he'll lie and that they should kill him and yet he doesn't reply to her at all... it's that kind of weird????

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 11:51:55 AM »
Good call  Crazy Stuff... you summed up what I meant in much more concise language.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
2.(which Ive only started to think about since "enter 77")When the Others took Alex they told that if we ever see you again then your daughter will die.  This is why as soon as she saw the Flame she hid until she knew it was safe that no one would see her except for Patchie which they of course had taken hostage.
AND wants to kill him on spot. That surely goes with the "never leave woods coverage" protocol.

I thought it was interesting in the up-coming previews Patchy never addresses Danielle... he mentions Sayid, Kate and Locke by name, full names but he never once says a thing to Danielle... as if he knows who she is and it doesn't matter or  something strange going on... she even says things about him, like he'll lie and that they should kill him and yet he doesn't reply to her at all... it's that kind of weird????

Totally. Does my theory that she is the last Dharma, and escaped the purge for being pregnant goes with your observations?