Author Topic: Danielle  (Read 6667 times)

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Danielle
« on: March 10, 2007, 04:08:17 PM »
I know this has been discussed in other threads but I thought she might deserve her own.

I have my reservations about Danielle. I don't see how it is possible for her to have been living on the island for 16 years and never have come across the others.

This house didn't seem so far away - it only took them a day to reach it. So how come Danielle never spotted it. She said she had stayed alive by keeping away from the others but if she's never seen them how can she avoid them? I just don't believe that she is brainwashed or mental - I think she is devious. From what we have seen of the others they are all liars - and she knew that Ben would lie for a long time - maybe she too is lying.

There was no sign of her in Island suburbia when the plane crashed and Ben sent Ethan and Goodwin off to find out more. I think Danielle has a similar job only she doesn't have the same ties to the others as they have to each other and so she can come and go more freely. She has managed to infiltrate the losties camp far better than any of the others just by having a different story. Other than the transmission there is no proof that her story is true. I forget what she said she had done with the bodies of her science team but we've not seen any remains - and I can't even remember how she said they crashed there, plane or boat, but have we seen a wreckage? but if you haven't explored an island much then wouldn't these things have been closer to her shack?

I don't think it adds up that she just handed Ben over to Sayid. If you'd been living on an island for 16 years - never seeing another person - and then a plane crashes, you would assume that someone caught in a net was a crash survivor surely - she knew Ben was an other and the only way she could have known that was if she saw him before. She could have taken Sayid to him and asked Sayid if he knew him from the plane but she didn't.

I think she has made some sort of deal with Ben about Alex and I don't think she wants to help the losties find the others. She seemed sure they would die by going near the house and this could just be because she's a bit mad but maybe it was because she knew Patchie was there, she knew he would have seen them approaching and she thought between him and Mrs Klugh they would deal with the losties - if Mrs Klugh get in the cellar via a tunnell and not via the trap door maybe Danielle even tipped her off. She seemed very keen to kill Patchie and I thought it was odd she didn't ask him about Alex - surely a mothers first thought would be for her daughter. Maybe she was worried that he would rat her out to the losties.

I know this idea is not that well developed yet and the argument against it is that she's just a loony but I'm interested in your views on it.......and you may tear it apart completely if you wish  ;D

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Danielle
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 04:26:23 PM »
In fact the transmission even goes AGAINST her history. And she had quite a load in her cavern. Not to mention she could used the cables to feed energy on her hideout.
Other things not mentioned by you that are bothering:
1- Alex is too much like Danielle and not eager to follow her stepfather to be blamed solely on genetics. I believe they are in contact.
2- The content of her transmission goes with the history of the purge.
3- The expedition she described look everyday more and more as Dharma deploy.
4-
Spoiler
One that is not well developed yet: next episode shows the second time Danielle leves the woods since the plane crashed. First one was when she kidnapped Aaron, now is when they find the force field. Why she leaves the cover because of that? Also explain why she dubbed that region "THE CRATER" in her map. She never saw Otherville.

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 04:36:16 PM »
I know this has been discussed in other threads but I thought she might deserve her own.

I have my reservations about Danielle. I don't see how it is possible for her to have been living on the island for 16 years and never have come across the others.

This house didn't seem so far away - it only took them a day to reach it. So how come Danielle never spotted it. She said she had stayed alive by keeping away from the others but if she's never seen them how can she avoid them? I just don't believe that she is brainwashed or mental - I think she is devious. From what we have seen of the others they are all liars - and she knew that Ben would lie for a long time - maybe she too is lying.

There was no sign of her in Island suburbia when the plane crashed and Ben sent Ethan and Goodwin off to find out more. I think Danielle has a similar job only she doesn't have the same ties to the others as they have to each other and so she can come and go more freely. She has managed to infiltrate the losties camp far better than any of the others just by having a different story. Other than the transmission there is no proof that her story is true. I forget what she said she had done with the bodies of her science team but we've not seen any remains - and I can't even remember how she said they crashed there, plane or boat, but have we seen a wreckage? but if you haven't explored an island much then wouldn't these things have been closer to her shack?

I don't think it adds up that she just handed Ben over to Sayid. If you'd been living on an island for 16 years - never seeing another person - and then a plane crashes, you would assume that someone caught in a net was a crash survivor surely - she knew Ben was an other and the only way she could have known that was if she saw him before. She could have taken Sayid to him and asked Sayid if he knew him from the plane but she didn't.

I think she has made some sort of deal with Ben about Alex and I don't think she wants to help the losties find the others. She seemed sure they would die by going near the house and this could just be because she's a bit mad but maybe it was because she knew Patchie was there, she knew he would have seen them approaching and she thought between him and Mrs Klugh they would deal with the losties - if Mrs Klugh get in the cellar via a tunnell and not via the trap door maybe Danielle even tipped her off. She seemed very keen to kill Patchie and I thought it was odd she didn't ask him about Alex - surely a mothers first thought would be for her daughter. Maybe she was worried that he would rat her out to the losties.

I know this idea is not that well developed yet and the argument against it is that she's just a loony but I'm interested in your views on it.......and you may tear it apart completely if you wish  ;D

I also believe that Danielle did not want the Losties to take Mikhail.  When Mikhail told Sayid he would not hesitate to kill him, he went on to say "You should know this before" at which point Danielle interupts him and says she think they should kill him.  I have rewatched this a couple of times because it definitely seemed as though she did not want him to continue his sentence.  I think he was maybe going to blow her cover.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 11:19:24 AM »
I've been suspicious of Danielle since the start, mainly because I just don't see how she could've never seen ANY others.  We've seen a bunch!  She mapped the island, set traps, messed with the antenna, and pined for her lost daughter.  I think it would've taken me about a month to find an Other.

Cowboy: I'm not sure how Mikhail could've finished the sentence "You should know this before..." in a way that would implicate Danielle if he was talking about how he wouldn't hesitate to kill Sayid.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 01:45:28 PM »
i think the reason she hasn't seen the others is because the others didn't want to be seen by her.  think about it.  our losties have only seen others because the others wanted to be seen.  (until this last episode, and i still think they wanted to be found in it also).  they didn't want danielle to see or find them because then she would start asking questions about alex.[/color]

Offline newerakb

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »
And if she is actually working with the others...then that would mean that her catching "Henry" and shooting him was all an elaborate plan to eventually get Jack to help them out. Just for the surgery? Or do they have deeper plans for Jack?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
And if she is actually working with the others...then that would mean that her catching "Henry" and shooting him was all an elaborate plan to eventually get Jack to help them out. Just for the surgery? Or do they have deeper plans for Jack?

BECAUSE OF THIS RIGHT HERE, I BELIEVE DANIELLE IS WORKING ON HER OWN AND HAS NO TIES TO THE OTHERS, BESIDES ALEX BEING STOLEN

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 02:52:08 PM »
I don't think she is working with the others but I think that there is some sort of previous contact.  Perhaps they have a rough truce like the one that was offered Jack  "Don't cross this line!" or what Patchie refered to durring his ruse.

She avoided going to the station and wanted to kill Patchie.  I think she didn't want to recognized.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 03:42:30 PM »
I've been suspicious of her for quite some time, & this past episode only made me more doubtful of her story.

- Her original shelter (that she took Sayid to) was also wired with explosives.

- She has never seen the Flame? ???

- She didn't want to go with them to investigate?  Where was she during all of this?

- When she showed up again, the look in Patchy's eyes...well...eye....his expression- you know what I mean lol...indicated that something was fishy.

She really has me confused.  Sometimes she seems so genuine.  Sometimes she seems crazy.  Sometimes she seems like she's hiding something!  WE NEED A DANIELLE FLASHBACK!

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 03:59:21 PM »
I think Danielle has just been in the jungle too long. Isolation and terror are powerful forces that can really mess with the human mind.

I am sort of in agreement with a previous posters assertation that she may have been from a Dharma expedition that was ambushed by the others.

I also have been thinking that maybe the disease was unleashed by the hostiles, who had developed an immunity or for those who were not the vaccine against it as a biological weapon against the Dharma initiative.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 04:02:04 PM »
You reminded me of another piece of info that makes me doubt her story.

Spoiler
The 4th of the Lost puzzles seemed to indicate that the sickness is a hoax. 

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »

BECAUSE OF THIS RIGHT HERE, I BELIEVE DANIELLE IS WORKING ON HER OWN AND HAS NO TIES TO THE OTHERS, BESIDES ALEX BEING STOLEN

I'm not saying she is definitely working with the others or even that she was working with Henry when she caught him in the net but I don't believe she would just ahdn him over to Sayid - I think Henry was caught by accident but once she found him she made some kind of deal with him.

i think the reason she hasn't seen the others is because the others didn't want to be seen by her.  think about it.  our losties have only seen others because the others wanted to be seen.  (until this last episode, and i still think they wanted to be found in it also).  they didn't want danielle to see or find them because then she would start asking questions about alex.

The others were seen by the tailies when they were walking through the jungle and the tailies hid (when we saw the child dragging the teddy). I don't believe Danielle has been there for 16 years and never shanced upon them - or the little house on the prairie where Patchie was staying.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »
I think Danielle is exactly what they told us she is. She came on the island with a scientific expedetion. Now the illness may or may not be real, but Danielle might be the one sick. So she kills her party. I think the others stole Alex like they did with the kids in the tail section. I think she has stayed in her area and has not explored the whole island. She stays away from the others and they stay away from her.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 04:56:51 PM »
I do believe her story in the most part - up until the point when Henry got caught in the net, then I think hre priorities changed.

I can't believe that she spent 16 years on the island and never once came across the others or any of their houses

Offline newerakb

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 07:34:08 PM »
I am slightly leaning towards the capture of Ben by Danielle being a staged event.

I mean...why was the leader of the others just wandering around near the Losties camp, without armed guards, unless he planned on being caught and using the Henry story?

So the plan could have been:
-Ben needs surgery
-From Ethan they find out that one of the crash survivors is a surgeon
-Ben wants to get close to the surgeon
-They get Danielle to stage his capture, and intentionally wound him so he'll require the aid of a doctor
-Being the doctor, Jack spends time with Ben
-Jack goes to the other island and give Ben surgery.