Author Topic: Isn't this just the coolest...  (Read 6522 times)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Isn't this just the coolest...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
Looks like Mr. Patchy is just standing there looking at it too... I think he has his hands tied behind his back and watching the preview for next week -- I think Mr. Patchy runs himself into the fence and Sayid yells for Locke to grab him... the next expression is on Kate's face and so it must have zapped him or it did nothing at all.
Nope, for what I saw on youtube, Locke grabs him by the waist and neck and launches a terrified McCreepy into the fence.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 12:50:31 PM »
Looks like Mr. Patchy is just standing there looking at it too... I think he has his hands tied behind his back and watching the preview for next week -- I think Mr. Patchy runs himself into the fence and Sayid yells for Locke to grab him... the next expression is on Kate's face and so it must have zapped him or it did nothing at all.
Nope, for what I saw on youtube, Locke grabs him by the waist and neck and launches a terrified McCreepy into the fence.

Thats what iy makes it look like, but maybe thats what they want you to think... and maybe mindsparkle is right.  Hmmm were all assuming Locke is in loose cannon mode after blowing up the Flame hatch, so I guess we just assume he is going to test the fence's purpose by tossing on Patchy and seeing what happens, but maybe Locke was trying crab him and stop him... I actually think I would prefer Locke tossing him into it out of anger that Patchy somehow knows him.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 03:30:43 PM »
I don't watch the previews as I like to be surprised - shame I opened this thread.

I'm sorry... I didn't realize previews were considered spoilers by some.

I don't suppose they are really - we d/l and watch without ads and it cuts off before the preview so it's not usually a problem for me.

Curiosity got the better of me :)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 09:56:13 AM »
What sci-fi feature does this "fence that isn't there" remind you of???

I, too, kept thinking of The Running Man with Arnie.  The difference was that in that film, the Invisible Fencing worked much like the type commonly available now for dogs.  It is harmless except that it triggers the special collars.

The Others have something different here.  If I were the one standing near the inverted phallic fencing, I would assume that crossing over would do nothing but trigger an alarm.  However, the Van De Graff Generator-looking things on top would be a cause for concern.

mindsparkle

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 03:35:52 PM »
I get the feeling that it's some sort of high voltage (invisible) electric fence that will fry you into Artz like matter if you try to cross it or vaporize you completely... and I have a feeling Kate finds a tree that they can climb up and over the fence and they're in... only moments from discovering whoville! 

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2007, 04:22:35 PM »
We can't visibly see any "collars," but does anyone have a theory on the Others being implanted with chips or electronic devices of any sort?  The reasons my mind is going that direction is because of the scare tactics used on Sawyer, the brain-washing/ mind-control, & now the fence. :-\

Just thinking out loud...probably too "Manchurian Candidate."