Author Topic: Are the Other's Born Again?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Are the Other's Born Again?
« on: March 09, 2007, 01:02:23 AM »
So, as I'm reading all the forums, people keep mentioning that Ben said he had been on the island his whole life.

When he said this and as I've read about how long they've been there, who got there when, Ben being Alex's father, etc... Could Ben's "whole life" be a reborn life?
There are so many religion/bible connotations that Dharma/the Island and the community is viewed as sort of salvation of sorts to some.  I'm not saying like an evangelica. I'm wondering if they are reborn to follow Jacob?

Did the Others(Ben, Tom, Ethan, etc) get to the island and find the hostiles and try to convert them?  Is this why Juliette is bitter towards her group?  She was forced to go there for science reasons, but saw the big picture and the cult like tendencies?

Maybe Patchy was excommunicated and was in a jail of sorts(Ms Clue checking on his whereabouts)  Maybe this is why Juliette was marked, why the children were taken.  It kind of plays off other theories of producing a new society, however I wonder if the "Others" feel reborn and starting a new life on the island.

The other issue I have is there a difference between the others and the hostiles.  If no, this theory could be null!

mindsparkle

Re: Are the Other's Born Again?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:54:00 AM »
I think the hostiles and the others are the natives of the island and Dharma are Dharma folk, two separate groups of people.  I believe Ben when he says he has lived on the island all his life, I don't know why, all he does it lie?  But, I do... now, I don't know how old Ben is and if his looks have anything to do with his age.  I also believe the island is a special place and aging may be affected.  Ben could be 200 years old for all we know... or he could be 20 years old... regardless I think he was born of the island.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 06:13:45 AM »
I think the hostiles and the others are the natives of the island and Dharma are Dharma folk, two separate groups of people.  I believe Ben when he says he has lived on the island all his life, I don't know why, all he does it lie?  But, I do... now, I don't know how old Ben is and if his looks have anything to do with his age.  I also believe the island is a special place and aging may be affected.  Ben could be 200 years old for all we know... or he could be 20 years old... regardless I think he was born of the island.
Time passing different on the island is more plausible if we think in the BIOLOGICAL WAY, as you pointed now. I don't think time pass at different rate in the literal sense.

mindsparkle

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 06:18:06 AM »
I agree, it's a biological matter not a time issue