Author Topic: Rosseau and the cat  (Read 8012 times)

mindsparkle

Re: Rosseau and the cat
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 06:34:04 AM »
I think Sayid created the cat and maybe Rousseau is a figment of their imagination as well... just don't know... I would like to believe she is real.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 07:08:10 AM »
And how you explain the fact that Kate went to find Danielle, argued with her, or even longer in the past, Danielle told about the black smoke, kidnapped Aaron and showed Jack the place where Black Rock is?
About the cat, Patchy told it to behave in front of visitors. It's not hallucination either.

mindsparkle

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 07:30:16 AM »
we are experts on hallucinations?  If smokie is able to take form it may also be able to communicate, touch and respond in that form... what rules are there about what a shape shifter can and can't do?  I would rather call it an aberration...

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2007, 08:02:25 AM »
DAMN YOU SAYID FOR SEEING WALT IN THE JUNGLE. If wasn't that very ONLY time when more than one person saw someone that shouldn't be there, I would have the argument that Smokey can only appear to one person at a time in his human form.
(I am not considering the black horse, because that could a real horse, while Walt, Yemmi, Christian, Dave, the criminals and the boy are 100% not real).

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2007, 08:41:44 AM »
Okay buried on this site I wrote a long long time ago that Roseau knows a lot more than she is letting on,I also believe she knows how Smokey works or helps control him. I think it was titled Rosseau and the monster

Now last night I had more proof,she dissapears and there is the same exact cat from Sayid's past...........

Rosseau always says she has no involvement with anybody else on the island yet she brought Ben to our guys rather than torturing him herself to  find out where Alex was as she did with Sayid.
She knew where the defense systems were(ie Smokey)
She knew about the dark forest and the whispers.Yet she doesn't know about Dharma, nor about the others, come on...She knows.  and she made the cat appear.

Good 2 C U Again.  ;D

I have to disagree though. At the end Danielle went with Locke and the other losties and the cat was there staring at Sayid. The cat was apparently Mikhail's pet and had been for a long time. When he spoke in Russian, the cat listened (although cats are usually more sensitive to intonation than actual words, so it may have been the pitch and volume moreso than the actual phrase used).

Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me. But it's good to see you posting again.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 10:10:54 AM »
Danielle is real... too many people have independently saw her. Sayid, Kate, Hurley... and people were shot at..Locke, Jack, Charlie... although she is a terrible shot.

The cat is a cat... we all see things that drum up feelings, but it doesn't mean anything.. I can't even hear Golden Earring's "RadarLove" without thinking of the beach... it's learned behaviors/feelings...

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »
I think Danielle is definitely real but there is a lot more she knows than she's letting on. I don't trust her at all. There is no way she could have possibly never seen the house - unless she wanders round in tiny circles - unlikely.

I don't think she made the cat appear. I don't think it was Patchies pet either - or that it was called Nadia. Don't forget that the others know a lot about the losties - and Sayid has talked to Danielle about Nadia because she saw the photo. I think the only reason Patchie refered the cat as Nadia was to strike a chord within Sayid - just like Ben using Juliette with Jack cos she looked a little bit like his ex wife. As soon as Patchie said the name of cat it was obvious to me that he was an other. Cats don't understand language either - they respond to tone. I'd like to know what Patchie said to the cat as it could have been a message to Mrs Klugh downstairs more than an instruction to the cat. Lots of cats look very similar - maybe the others have lots of pets and it was chance that they used that cat or maybe they know even more about the losties than we realise.

Offline LoniZeppelin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2007, 07:13:09 PM »
any thoughts about the cat on the island saw by Sayid? and was the same cat from his flashback!?!? any thoughts on that??? :-\

Offline hackgrid

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2007, 07:23:59 PM »
Yes. Yes. Smoky. ;D

Offline LoniZeppelin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 07:49:08 PM »
the cat is smokey? why do u think that...people said smokey was the dog...now we know thats wrong...remeber i am new to this group. why do u think that?

Offline Pegasus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 08:46:15 PM »
No, that was not the same cat. It was a cat that looked similar and my opinion is that when Sayid saw it he was reminded of the other cat, which triggered his flashback/memory.

Offline thlaylirah

• OTHERS 
  • DHARMA Scientist
  • Wicked Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 08:48:34 PM »
the cat is smokey? why do u think that...people said smokey was the dog...now we know thats wrong...remeber i am new to this group. why do u think that?
Hey Loni.  A popular theory here is that Vincent is actually smokey.  They think smokey is a "shape shifter" and he was Yemi, etc. 
I guess we'll just have to adjust

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 08:09:17 PM »
Welcome, Loni!

Like what THLAY said, a lot of people subscribe to the theory that Vincent was Smoky. I'm not one of them. Do you have actual info showing that Vincent isn't Smoky, except for the obvious that Vincent was off the island and that Smoky has been seen impossibly far away from Vincent? :D

I do however think that Smoky has impersonated Yemi in Eko's last flashback, and POSSIBLY Christian in one of the earliest episodes.

Offline LoniZeppelin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 09:21:10 PM »
thanks for the welcome. well now we know that Juilet knows how to control smokey, or block "him" from the fence. she seemed like she knew all about mr. smokey... now if vincent came to the island with michael and walt. how would that work? dog is new to the "hood" but juilet knows all about smokey? ehh i dont know. if it was vincent. i think he would be showen just i tiny bit more than he is. thats all.... im not good at typing what i wanna say sorry! peace love and rock n roll!~

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2007, 01:34:15 PM »
Vincent isn't smokey as Juliet knew who smokey was and she has been there a lot longer than Vincent..Smokey takes the form of people and animals(Kate'shorse)
Vincent though is more than a dog.