Author Topic: Episode got me thinking... a lot...  (Read 12607 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Episode got me thinking... a lot...
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 01:53:33 AM »
Here's another random thought.  Sayid pointed out that the horse's stirrups were adjusted for someone much shorter than Mikail.  Isn't Ms. Klugh kind of tall?  Or does she just seem tall because of her strong personality?  The stirrups looked like they were adjusted for someone really short, like a child.  Maybe I should watch it again.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 03:33:14 AM »
Remember Danielle was originally part of a team of scientists, who were over-run by the 'others', 16 years ago.  Yet Juliet definitely was not recruited 16 years ago.  Kelvin was still part of Dharma 3 years ago. 
The same way Mikhail is part of Dharma NOW? About Kelvin, there is another date. He wasn't one of them in the war of Kwait, where he knew Sayid.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 08:20:25 AM »
Here's another random thought.  Sayid pointed out that the horse's stirrups were adjusted for someone much shorter than Mikail.  Isn't Ms. Klugh kind of tall?  Or does she just seem tall because of her strong personality?  The stirrups looked like they were adjusted for someone really short, like a child.  Maybe I should watch it again.

I didn't think Miss Klugh was that tall (certainly shorter than Mikhail). He made the statement, and not long after we find Miss Klugh. So I think he was referring to her. THey seemed to be the only two at that station (of course, now that it's gone nuclear, we may never know...thanks again, Locke!).

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »
But the others were there before dharma came. So my question is why let dharma in. Had to be something in it for the others, and then it turned bad.

Wasn't there something TLE that had to do with an experiment to move in on a native population and give them a disease that killed them off, with only a small portion of the population surviving?  And the disease was an injection that they billed to the natives as something that would make them immune to a made up disease?  It was a population control experiment.

Anyway, I think if you think about it, it makes sense that scientists move in on native people and try to take over for what they believe is pertinent to be accomplished.  So, Dharma moves in, has the natives under control somewhat (like someone said, maybe the electric fence we see next week is to keep the natives in) and they get some of their stuff built, and then the natives revolt and take over.  And, they find it quite convenient that these people drop food and have clothes and all this stuff they can use.......but I digress, because if the Others are the natives, why would they do that because they obviously have communication with the world as well. 

Also, the Others use Dharma stuff for everything.  Dharma clothes, Dharma food, Dharma facilites.  If they're a seperate group, did the Others just find it convenient that they get all of these air drops of supplies and just start using them for their own purposes?  Why would they do that if they have their own people on the outside, unless it's all for show?  But why would they be trying to show off to this degree?  They're not, they really are living and very integrated into the Dharma life that was setup on the island.

Okay, so what if the Dharma people on the island were truly good people and are fighting the good fight (or whatever they believe).  And then Mittlework takes over the Hanso Foundation and orders these evil, mafiaesque military types to kill off all those who resist their evil plans?  And thus, two groups of "Others" are born. 

MindSparkle....your post got me thinking a lot too!

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 11:18:45 AM »
With regard to the fence keeping them in, maybe now that she is marked Juliet can't get through the fence?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 11:53:46 AM »

here is sledge's screencap of the saddle:http://lost.cubit.net/pics/3x11/saddle.jpg

from the looks of it, i think it is too short for ms. klugh also.  when STANDING in the stirrups there should be 2 finger widths between you and the saddle, i think that would make this way too short for her.  maybe it was a kids.  or a prop error.

scratch that.  after looking at other pictures, i believe it could be klugh.  honestly it could be patchy who rides it.  the 2 finger widths is true, but that is a big horse.  i think the stirrups are too long for a child. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
here is the lost-media screencap of the horse

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage.php?album=1261&pos=66

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 12:04:09 PM »
With regard to the fence keeping them in, maybe now that she is marked Juliet can't get through the fence?
Do you believe there is a way getting in and out then? i.e. Guard defence; and if you have a certian mark i.e. Juliets burn symbol; you are not allowed to cross this fence?

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 04:28:57 PM »
But the others were there before dharma came. So my question is why let dharma in. Had to be something in it for the others, and then it turned bad.

Wasn't there something TLE that had to do with an experiment to move in on a native population and give them a disease that killed them off, with only a small portion of the population surviving?  And the disease was an injection that they billed to the natives as something that would make them immune to a made up disease?  It was a population control experiment.

Anyway, I think if you think about it, it makes sense that scientists move in on native people and try to take over for what they believe is pertinent to be accomplished.  So, Dharma moves in, has the natives under control somewhat (like someone said, maybe the electric fence we see next week is to keep the natives in) and they get some of their stuff built, and then the natives revolt and take over.  And, they find it quite convenient that these people drop food and have clothes and all this stuff they can use.......but I digress, because if the Others are the natives, why would they do that because they obviously have communication with the world as well. 

Also, the Others use Dharma stuff for everything.  Dharma clothes, Dharma food, Dharma facilites.  If they're a seperate group, did the Others just find it convenient that they get all of these air drops of supplies and just start using them for their own purposes?  Why would they do that if they have their own people on the outside, unless it's all for show?  But why would they be trying to show off to this degree?  They're not, they really are living and very integrated into the Dharma life that was setup on the island.

Okay, so what if the Dharma people on the island were truly good people and are fighting the good fight (or whatever they believe).  And then Mittlework takes over the Hanso Foundation and orders these evil, mafiaesque military types to kill off all those who resist their evil plans?  And thus, two groups of "Others" are born. 
MindSparkle....your post got me thinking a lot too!

I like that idea too!
I still think that they may all have been part of ONE original group that somehow got split off for whatever reason
I think the "reason" we will come to find out is a big part of the
Dharma/others/Island story
And I agree Rod
Why didn't they take more "Stuff" from the station?
That didn't make sense to me, unless like someone said they just took what they needed (the map) but still it doesn't make any sense.
And why would you leave the horse?  or the cow?
or even the poor little kitty for that matter? (well that I can sort of understand)
But a horse would be a good way to get around...but I guess they want us to keep watching them walk and walk and walk and run and walk some more
(well at least they are not sitting around the beach sharpening things like they were in S1)  :P J/K

I just had a thought!  Maybe they left all the "stuff" there thinking that they could always come back to it later
Little did they know that our man Locke was gonna pull one his buttom pushing moments again!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »
I can understand not taking the cow, I would not want to walk around the jungle with a cow. It was 2 days back to camp. But the horse could of been very helpfu.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »
YES!!
I can see them not taking the cow
but the horse??  Come ON!!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 04:59:34 PM »
load the horse up with tons of supplies from the station and take it back to lost ville.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 05:00:27 PM »
load the horse up with tons of supplies from the station and take it back to lost ville.

Not to mention ride it around so you don't have to walk and run everywhere! LOL

Offline Tekkaman

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 12:31:04 PM »
I am confused.
Could someone tell me the difference between Hanso foundation and Dharma? Or is it the same? And is the chinese guy with only one hand from the movies from Dharma or the Hanso foundation?

??? ??? ??? ???

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 01:03:35 PM »
I am confused.
Could someone tell me the difference between Hanso foundation and Dharma? Or is it the same? And is the chinese guy with only one hand from the movies from Dharma or the Hanso foundation?

??? ??? ??? ???
Hanso Foudation sponsor a lot of projects and Dharma Initiative was (is?) one of them.