Author Topic: Episode got me thinking... a lot...  (Read 14578 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode got me thinking... a lot...
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:15:02 PM »
dcnole said

Other than Ethan attempting to hang Charlie back in Season 1, think just how few times we've seen Others be outwardly violent in response to non-violent actions by the castaways.  Don't count Pickett since he was clearly not following orders.  It's really quite rare.

Ethan beat Scott (steve?) to death as a warning. Goodwin killed the canadian(Nathan?) to cotinue his cover.  Shot Sawyer and left sawyer, Jin and Michael in the middle of the ocean with a burning raft.  Those are violent responses when they were never threatened in any of those situations.

Offline Schmoe

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »
I think all of the other actions are part of a master plan and each detail will be revealed to us as to why they all did things the way they did.  Ben getting caught, letting Micheal, Walt and Hurley go, letting Kate and Sawyer "escape" with Karl, leaving Desmond alone, letting Locke play chess and blow up the flame...  all part of the plan... to do what?  I don't know.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »
Could just mean generations... and not themselves... I get the impression that they are talking about themselves and not the generations before them.... but just thought I'd add this
I too think they are talking about themselves and this ties nicely in with the mythological part of the show.

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
Why didn't they take the horse and cow? 

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »
That would be logical!

Offline Schmoe

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 04:03:45 PM »
They are going to save Jack.  They can come back for the horse and the cow later.

Offline Perseus

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 04:18:35 PM »
I agree with you Mindsparkel about taking more item with them. After all couldn't they have used the horse to carry the load. The Horse would have been so usefull for any number of reasons and they just leave it.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »
MINDSPARKLE-please never stop posting!  Your thoughts are always good ones
(even the sick one lol) as that did cross my mind for a second too LOL

I also thought something was "odd" or "off" and i can't for the life of me figure out why I thought that as well.
I think maybe Dharma and others were in fact one group to start off with
then "something' happend perhaps the "sickness" but something happend and they split off.
(my 2 cents) ;D

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »
Ben said that he had been on the island his entire life. Patchy said that the hostiles had been there "a very long time." If memory serves, he told Sayid that he lied about being with Dharma, but the rest was true (the hostiles took over, the purge, etc).

So maybe Dharma came in and started building on the island. Maybe the "Hostiles" were already there (and I leave the door open to what "there" means - were they hiding? is the island a multi-dimensional/parallel universe portal? did the Dharma crew just take over (possibly with force)? the possibilities are endless...).

Maybe the Hostiles got pissed off, organized, and took over Dharma? Maybe they even worked with them for a while, but organized (so maybe there are remnants of Dharma and Hostiles mixed?).

I don't know. I keep going back to Ben saying that he had been there his entire life (which would be pre-Dharma). For whatever reason (good acting?), I believe him.

PS: Mindsparkle, I bow to all of your Lost analyses. You rock!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 08:13:26 PM »
Just throwing it out there one more time...

Could Ben and his group be part of the original Dharma's maybe their children even?
I don't remember the time line so forgive me, but maybe if the timeline fits they were part of the Dharmas "a very long time ago"  and then they split off because of "something" but if the time line doesn't fit then I agree with you Beann at some point I think they worked together

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »
But the others were there before dharma came. So my question is why let dharma in. Had to be something in it for the others, and then it turned bad.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 09:21:24 PM »
Yeah that, and what were the others even doing there to begin with?
Thats why i keep thinking they were somehow involved with Dharma from the very begining

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »
deb i agree, something is off for me.  i just can't wrap my brain around others & hostiles.  i still think they are the same group.  maybe some are native's (the original dharma-  ben), and others have been brought in as scientists/technicians/whatever is needed-  (juliet, patchy, kelvin, etc.), and still others have joined in (or aided dharma) by accident (desmond).  i don't think danielle is a part of them.  but i still don't buy that there are dharma and there are "hostiles".  if so, why are hostiles (juliet, ben, etc.) wearing dharma clothes and using dharma items?  if they are hostiles why don't they have their own stuff.  if the "dharma" group includes (juliet, ben, etc.) who does it not include?  who ARE the hostiles? 

scrod

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 10:13:45 PM »
Remember Danielle was originally part of a team of scientists, who were over-run by the 'others', 16 years ago.  Yet Juliet definitely was not recruited 16 years ago.  Kelvin was still part of Dharma 3 years ago.  So it would seem there has been tension for a long time on the island.  Perhaps the 'hostiles' are a fabrication, another part of the Dharma mind control, using the seaside village and shabby clothing as cover.

Still have not gotten a good answer as to why they evacuated the medical station, along with lots of their theatrical makeup/attire.  But Mrs. Klugh was still dressed down in the last episode.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 01:10:25 AM »
Remember Danielle was originally part of a team of scientists, who were over-run by the 'others', 16 years ago.  Yet Juliet definitely was not recruited 16 years ago.  Kelvin was still part of Dharma 3 years ago.  So it would seem there has been tension for a long time on the island.  Perhaps the 'hostiles' are a fabrication, another part of the Dharma mind control, using the seaside village and shabby clothing as cover.

Still have not gotten a good answer as to why they evacuated the medical station, along with lots of their theatrical makeup/attire.  But Mrs. Klugh was still dressed down in the last episode.
dang your awesome.  this is what i think