Author Topic: Mrs. Bea Klugh  (Read 10188 times)

mindsparkle

Re: Mrs. Bea Klugh
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 04:24:56 AM »
I think it was interesting that only Kate would have known Mrs. Klug... she could identify her as an other supporting Sayid's guess that Patchy was lying and he was in fact an other and not the Dharma person he said he was. 

Sayid, Locke and Kate didn't work very closely together at this encounter, each went on with their own agenda... it was mostly Sayid that made some clear deviations in his typical behavior... he would have, should have killed Patchy for lying, for being the enemy, for shooting him, for attacking him but he chose not to... he remembered through the cat the woman he tortured and how she forgave him, he realized he had other choices... even if Mr. Patchy doesn't approve of the choice...

What is so important that these people are willing to die to protect?  Or is it just that the losties have created scenarios that would make the others so impossible to understand that they would actually be suicidal of caught, so committed to their cult like group, so unlike them that they would give their life for a cause.... I think the losties have some control over how the others are perceived... and it depends on who's eyes we see them as to what we see...

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 04:41:06 PM »
I have a theory on this which I have posted around other threads in bits and pieces.

I think Patchie and Mrs Klugh knew the losties were coming. I think they intended to kill them all and the reason they only shot Sayid in the arm was so Kate and Locke would come out of hiding and he could lure them into the house. Once inside the house he could wait til they found the chess game. From the information the others have on the losties and Ben's experience with Locke they knew that if they told him it was impossible to beat he would try, win, find the video, shout Kate and Sayid into the room whilst Patchie snuck into the cellar to Mrs Klugh and they ran away through a tunnell whilst the losties blew up. The contingency plan, should anything go wrong, was for Patchie and Mrs Klugh to sacrifice themselves to keep the others safe from the losties finding them.

Doesn't make sense for Dharma to hide such an important message at the end of a game of chess but maybe Dharma didn't put the video there - maybe Patchie tied the video in to the game for this purpose.

Patchie saying there is anopther way to Mrs Klugh was perhaps refering to the blowing up but she knew the game was up for them. Need to re-watch the end to see Patchies face when the house goes up.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »
Except for the tunnel, I don't see flaws in the possibility.

On a note about Bea hiding in the basement. The time Sayid takes to reach the house and them e shot is perfect to Klugh hide in the basement, and them again Mikhail could have threw the rug over the hatch before shooting Captain Falafel, or even after as he delays when going outside to the wounded Sayid.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2007, 05:51:52 PM »
Maybe there is an outside entrance into the cellar as well.....maybe?

Offline zappa1

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 10:32:15 AM »
They would all be dead if patchy would have let him enter 77 the first time. Instead, he held the knife to his throat and took him outside. Sayid, Kate, and Klugh were all downstairs and would have been blown up if it werent for Patchy

Offline Tekkaman

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:16 AM »
They did not know the losties were coming to the flame station. Locke knew the direction he needed to go because of Eko's sitck. But the others can't have this information unlless they are paranormal or have Locke wired.

I think mrs Kluch and Patchy killed themselves because there was a chance they would be forced to talk. They have something to hide that is very important but also very vulnerable. Patchy was pretty sure he would not talk and saw possibilities of escaping at some time in the future.

If the losties find out what's going on on the island, there is a chance they can **** it up. The losties re only still alive because of several possible reasons. 1 Some losties are important(Jacobs list) 2 The others are not as bad as we think, they only kill when needed (=except for Pickett) 3 reasons we do not even know off 4 reasons i forgot

But at one point (when the losties find whoville)  the others will lose their patience and will try to wipe all losties out because they just wont stay at their side of the island. Jack will then possibly make sure there will be a truce between the others and losties that will be honoured.

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
They had cameras on the Hydra island - they could have a similar sort of surveillance or alarm system on this island or Danielle could have warned them - she went off quickly so could have come round the other side of the house and warned Patchie or Mrs Klugh who they were.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 06:32:14 PM »
About the cameras, I want to know HOW people can still believe that the others didn't knew about the Swam, as they watched Michael in the computer to know the exact time they could fake Walt's contact.
They not only could use the camera outside the Pearl, but have a chat with the Swam station, so they KNEW about it.

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »
Should we read anything into the fact that her name sounds like clue? Beag Klugh = Big CLue?