Author Topic: Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot  (Read 12305 times)

Offline iubase28

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
And i have a feeling after watching next weeks preview Locke is going to do something else to make us scratch our heads. 

mindsparkle

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 05:04:53 AM »
Locke has always operated on his own agenda... why would this time be any different... he got fascinated by the computer game and played... all communication seemed to be down so what harm would there be entering a code when you can't communicate anyway... Locke had no idea it would self destruct... 

But what harm is done, so the hatch is gone -- we/they don't even know if Dharma is friend or foe...  who can you trust?  No one... so blow the stuff to smithereens..  at least you know that no one else can use it against you

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 05:30:47 AM »
WAIT!!!! I just thought it: if the 77 didn't blasted the C4?  Bea could have set it to explode if she didn't reset the timer, in case they were captured. So That's why the flame didn't explode in the second 77 is entered.
I will need the word of Carlton and Damon that Locke is the responsible for the explosion, before believing on that.
Despise my signature.

mindsparkle

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 06:21:24 AM »
Good point...

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 06:25:09 AM »
Good point...
Awesome, finally I made a good point.
So Locke isn't sentenced yet! YEAH!!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »
I believe he caused it to blow up, but I think he knew what he was doing and it is going to turn out to be a good thing.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
How come there weren't chunks of cow raining down like there was from Arnst? 
Is Hurley going to strangle Locke when he finds out there was beef available?

because the c4 wasn't in the cow? like it was in Arnst's hands?

mmmm beef.... :o

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
Well, the Flame HAD been overrun by Hostiles, so he responded to Waxy's prompt appropriately.

Again, everyone just THINKS Locke is making huge mistakes.  It is his destiny to fulfill certain objectives despite the seeming short-term setbacks.  The Others know this and that's why Patchy wouldn't kill him.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 02:08:27 PM »
I believe he caused it to blow up, but I think he knew what he was doing and it is going to turn out to be a good thing.
I will wait for Carlton and Damon word, if there's any on the subject.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 02:38:27 PM »
Granted the Flame was a communication station of some sort, but it begs the question - why weren't the other stations rigged in such a manner or were they?? Would you really terminate your only link to what is going on on the island if there was an incursion by hostile forces??

Offline in2pain

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Locke is now officially "Gilligan".

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 10:59:52 PM »
Granted the Flame was a communication station of some sort, but it begs the question - why weren't the other stations rigged in such a manner or were they?? Would you really terminate your only link to what is going on on the island if there was an incursion by hostile forces??
No way, I would send a distress signal and lock the system, hiding in the basement. And as last resource I would destroy the import papers down there. But never fill the place with explosives and blow everything up after a half to one minute countdown started by a code.
By the way, the sea cables that help them to reach the island are useless now?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:02:03 PM by Optimus J »

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 06:14:42 PM »
I don't think Locke knew about the explosives - they would have shown a conversation that important. I think events over took the situation and the priority was to get what they needed and get out.

I think Locke makes these mistakes because he is only human. He did say in this episode that something was what made him human and I think this is his driving force. I certainky don't think he's an idiot or trying to sabotage their escape from the island. He might not have been keen on being rescued but for all he knew pressing 77 might have just alerted Dharma and brought help for them. He's just a regular bloke in a difficult and strange situation going with his gut feeling.

scrod

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
No way, I would send a distress signal and lock the system, hiding in the basement. And as last resource I would destroy the import papers down there. But never fill the place with explosives and blow everything up after a half to one minute countdown started by a code.
By the way, the sea cables that help them to reach the island are useless now?
OH, another good point.  I bet you can't monitor video feeds on the main island from the other island anymore!

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 01:55:34 AM »

I agree with this. With Locke saying that there was a hostile takeover might alert the outside to the fact that things aren't quite right and people on the island need help and the others are infact running wild.