Author Topic: Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot  (Read 14965 times)

scrod

Re: Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 01:37:51 AM »
How come there weren't chunks of cow raining down like there was from Arnst? 
Is Hurley going to strangle Locke when he finds out there was beef available?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:46:42 AM »

And why on earth would he take his eye off a dangerous suspect so he could play a computer game. It's not like the game was going to turn off if he waited 5 more minutes for Kate and Sayid to emerge from below. 

Actually this makes perfect sense for Locke,  The main thing that we get from his flashbacks is to not tell him what he cant do.  Therefore Patchy told him it cant be beat, basically saying you cant beat it.  He took it as telling him that he was not capapble of beating the game and he had to prove him wrong.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 07:36:06 AM »
Locke didn't know about the C4, only Kate and Sayid did...Locke stayed upstairs to watch Patchy. By the time Kate and Sayid came back up, they had Ms. Klugh and Locke was being held outside by Patchy. No convo about C4 was gonna take place under those circumstances...and I doubt Locke knew that pushing 77 would cause the place to blow up. More than likely Locke remembered what happened when he did NOT follow orders and enter the numbers he was told to enter into a computer, so he went ahead and entered it in this time.

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »
And why on earth would he take his eye off a dangerous suspect so he could play a computer game. It's not like the game was going to turn off if he waited 5 more minutes for Kate and Sayid to emerge from below. 

Locke is a game freak.
Backgammon with Walt, Mouse Trap when he worked at store, Risk (or whatever strategy game that was) when he was planning his walkabout.
It's a part of his personality, when there's a game to be played he just can't help himself.

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 09:20:11 AM »
Very good point eelpie62 I hadnt thought of that.  It would have been nice to have a gander at those manuals though!

Offline leximan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 10:10:42 AM »
next time locke touches a computer, kill him!!!

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »
You also have to think about the fact that Locke doesn't really want to leave the island.  Remember, he knocked Sayid out the last time he tried to gain communication with the outside world.  So, maybe, just maybe, he had a clue that entering 77 would do "something" to disable the communications even if he did not know that it would blow the whole place to bits.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 02:48:25 PM »
they are going to have to place a sign on the next computer, switch, that tells Locke "hey if you do 'THIS' - than things will blow up!" ;)

He is going to get someone killed soon if he keeps it up.

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 03:40:54 PM »
I was thinking the same thing...did Locke even know about the C4 in the basement?  Maybe the dude on the computer told him the place would blow in 5 minutes....who knows?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 08:16:40 PM »
Yeah, Locke used to be my favorite character.  Now he's just an idiot.  I would've slapped the **** out of him if I was Sayid.  He's seriously retarded or something.  I can't comprehend what must've been going through his head to stop guarding that Russian guy to play chess.  Even then, just glance at him every couple seconds at least if you're that much of a computerholic.  I can kind of see how he wouldn't have known the place was wired with C4, but even then the message didn't sound like candy would rain down.  It's like when an officer tells a guard NOT to push the red button no matter what, and they end up pushing it.  I hate people like that.  Like dealing with chimps.

Offline esque0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
They did look through the station and find everything that was important. Sayid said that.
He did?  I don't remember that.  Well, at least someone on the Island is thinking clearly. 

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 09:30:01 PM »
Didn't someone say something at the very end about "Gee, thanks for blowing up our one chance to find out how to get off this island"?

Or am I too not thinking clearly?  Gotta go rewatch this episode soon! Too much to remember.  :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »
Didn't someone say something at the very end about "Gee, thanks for blowing up our one chance to find out how to get off this island"?

Or am I too not thinking clearly?  Gotta go rewatch this episode soon! Too much to remember.  :)

Sayid said it to John.

Offline iubase28

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 11:25:12 PM »
There are some things that really make me question Locke and his motives.  First when he knocked out sayid in season 1 and then when he let Ben out of the cell to have him help get the doors back up and by smashing the computer which caused the sky to turn purple in season 2, and now blowing up the Flame Station.  I understand he doesn't want to leave the island but i don't understand why he is making sure nobody else can leave. He knew about the C4, I'm certain he searched the basement after gaining control of Patchy.  Also, someone questioned how Ms. Klugh was able to hide and place the rug over the door before the losties got inside, i find it interesting that Locke was the first one to go in. Also he was quick to say nobody else was there because he couldn't find them. Now I'm not saying Locke is an other because i don't believe he is but with his past i think it would be very easy for the others to convert him.  I just think its something we should keep an eye out for.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:26:48 PM by iubase28 »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:40 PM »
In addition to your list, when sayid starting fighting Patchy, John did not come out of the computer room until Sayid had knocked him out. He was really slow coming to help Sayid.