Author Topic: Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot  (Read 12321 times)

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot
« on: March 08, 2007, 12:24:12 AM »
Ok, Jon kills the Swan and Flame.  What's the deal and in next weeks episode it looks like he kills patchy by pushing past the security system.  He needs to go back to his wheel chair days and stop screwing up things. 

Flame - check
Swan - check
Pearl - ? next
Whoville?

Or, Did the others notice on monitors that Locke, Kate, Sayid were out and blew it so no communication could be made later on?

I still think Locke is the cancer of our Losties.....

Any thoughts

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Locke the hatch killer! Way to go idiot
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 12:26:32 AM »
The losties could not stay there, so they leave it for the others to use. Blowing it up very likely helped the losties in the long run.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:29:29 AM »
Yeah but they could have salvaged a lot of things....including some precious ping pong balls cause one aint gonna cut it with Hurley's skill.

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:30:49 AM »
If my enemy thought it was important and I couldn't hold it...I'd blow it to hell too!

Besides, if they can "request a supply drop" then once those requests stop how long until someone checks up on them?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:31:23 AM »
I don't think you want to hang out in hatch occupied by the others with cameras and C4 armed every where.  I would get out of there fast.

Offline dcnole

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:34:40 AM »
I do think there is an odd contradiction in the make-up of Locke's character. In certain regards, he seems so sly and smart--almost mystically knowledgeable.  But then he'll do things like what he did today. Surely he was told or saw that the whole hatch was wired with C4 in the few hours they spent in the station after the armed conflict and before they left that evening. Did he really not make the connection that reporting a hostile takeover could initiate a self-destruct sequence?  I know I sure as heck expected it, and I doubt I'm alone.

And why on earth would he take his eye off a dangerous suspect so he could play a computer game. It's not like the game was going to turn off if he waited 5 more minutes for Kate and Sayid to emerge from below. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 12:37:51 AM by dcnole »

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:35:47 AM »
OK Juggy, That is a good point.  They probably couldn't have used the hatch for living quarters--since the location was very monitored by others.  So, you're right--if you can't use it, blow it up.  Just wish it had been on purpose, and with more agreement after taking as much useful stuff as possible. 

Hey, at least they still have the VW Minibus!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 12:36:23 AM »
I think he knew or at least thought he knew what was going to happen, do you really want to leave that to the others.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 12:38:03 AM »
I don't think JoHn is the cancer of the losties. I think he is the glue.

However, the whole blowing up the hatch and entering 77 wasn't really the brightest thing he's ever done...

Offline esque0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 12:39:18 AM »
I don't think you want to hang out in hatch occupied by the others with cameras and C4 armed every where.  I would get out of there fast.
So disarm the C4.  It's C4, not a time bomb.  Yank the blasting caps.  Then get to work disabling the cameras.  Everything on the Island seems to be closed-circuit, which would make it pretty easy, especially for Sayid.  

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:41:34 AM »
i just have a feeling that locke knew what he was doing... hard for me to believe he didnt know about the c4...

scrod

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:49:57 AM »
I dunno, but I would not volunteer to disarm a bunch of C4 in a facility with cameras all over the place.  Besides, this was a 2-day walk from the main encampment at the beach.  This hatch only had value for information, the most important piece of which was grabbed by Sayid.  Now they know where the others are.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:51:39 AM »
In no way do I believe Locke knows what he is doing.  He just wings it!  I don't know 1 person out of my entire friends in this world that can disconnect a C4 bomb nor willing to try unless they needed too.  I also didn't expect the Losties to want to live in this cabin in the woods but get some stuff out of it.  "Food" hello!  take the cow.  "Ice" trays christ ice freakin tea.  Dharma Binders...They were in there like someone said for hours since it got dark when they left but if the Others blew the thing up then they wouldn't have wasted anytime!  

hence Locke is winging it and really a farmer...ha

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 12:58:26 AM »
They did look through the station and find everything that was important. Sayid said that.

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 01:03:29 AM »
Im pretty sure that dharma recognized the threat of the hostiles. giving them communication to the outside world was severe enough to cause them to rig the place with c4. obviously it didnt work, so now the question is, who were they contacting before the sky turned purple? mittlewerk and the people who took over hanso? maybe locke did save them all by breaking the computer with the numbers.