Author Topic: Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?  (Read 13168 times)

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
Ok, so...if Patchy is NOT Dharma and IS a "Hostile"...and the Hostiles have been on the island "long before Dharma"...then that would mean Patchy was not born in Russia afterall?

Or he could be one of the recruited "others" like Juliet or Ethan fo a special talent,

Offline zappa1

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 08:46:15 PM »
i think they do want locke for some reason

remember the first thing kelvin asked desmond
"What did one snowman say to the other?"

Locke would have known the answer to that because he later referenced it at the end of season two. Was that a joke he learned from his dad? I can't remember.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 08:49:35 PM »
Desmond asked locke the same question when they went down the hatch. Locke was just asking for the answer.

scrod

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 09:13:19 PM »
There is no way Klugh could have hidden after Sayid was shot.  She couldn't have closed the trap door and put the rug over it.  They must have seen them coming (camera's?) and she told Patchy who Sayid was.
That could 'splain why the horse was there, they observed them coming and she went in a hurry to provide backup help.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 10:57:11 PM »
I would guess they saw the losties out there. SHe hid and they came up with the plan to trick them with the story that he was dharma.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2007, 11:12:50 PM »
There is no way Klugh could have hidden after Sayid was shot.  She couldn't have closed the trap door and put the rug over it.  They must have seen them coming (camera's?) and she told Patchy who Sayid was.
Excellent point!  Somebody pulled the rug over the trap door.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »
Or she was in there before he shot sayid.

mindsparkle

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 05:19:05 AM »
Or Sayid didn't get killed because he believed he wouldn't be killed, he thought being unarmed would disarm the man and it did to some extent...

we don't know if the others or Dharma or the hostiles or whomever loaded the place with C4

Isn't it interesting that you have to play a computer game to encounter the codes to signal concerning your safety... how weird is that... there should have been a big red phone or panic button, not a computer game and only if you win do you get to notify  TPTB that you need help...

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 05:27:31 AM »
Isn't it interesting that you have to play a computer game to encounter the codes to signal concerning your safety... how weird is that... there should have been a big red phone or panic button, not a computer game and only if you win do you get to notify  TPTB that you need help...
They are nuts or win game just closed it and called the program in stand by behind it.
I don't know which one, because everything is so crazy in that island that any of these are plausible.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Or Sayid didn't get killed because he believed he wouldn't be killed, he thought being unarmed would disarm the man and it did to some extent...

we don't know if the others or Dharma or the hostiles or whomever loaded the place with C4

but he didn't really "win".  there were still 2 more moves to be made.  i hypothesize that the computer game was just a cover up.  (well DUH ladybug, you are all saying)  it wasn't an actual "game" at all.  patchy said "it cheats".  locke says it can't.  i think you make a certain predetermined move, it makes a certain predetermined move, you make the next predetermined move, etc.  until you "unlock" the video.  patchy knew how to get the video.  it's not about playing chess, it's a combination, only instead of turning a dial, you are punching in keys, moving men on a screen.  locke either got lucky and figured it out, or "knew" it, fate brought him to that point.  it was his destiny to play that chess game.  (blach!  i don't really even like writing that, but i think that's how it will play out.)

Offline TXFlyboy

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 11:20:40 AM »

Maybe she wasn't inside the house at the time, but came through an underground tunnel after seeing Locke on the camera?

Didn't some time elapse between Patchy shooting Sayid and his coming out the door?  I think there was more than enough time for Patchy to send Klugh down the hole and cover it up.

mindsparkle

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 11:21:32 AM »
again, though, how dumb is it to have a game as protocol to follow before you get the codes you need to get the help you need... shouldn't there just be a panic button or a big red phone... something more immediate if you're in trouble.... I could care less about the game other than it seems silly to me that you have to PLAY a game to get the codes... hell, we could all be dead by then...

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »
Obviously the cat pulled the rug over the trap door, taught by the military man himself, Patchy

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007, 01:29:27 PM »
again, though, how dumb is it to have a game as protocol to follow before you get the codes you need to get the help you need... shouldn't there just be a panic button or a big red phone... something more immediate if you're in trouble.... I could care less about the game other than it seems silly to me that you have to PLAY a game to get the codes... hell, we could all be dead by then...
maybe so, but there are probably some people in the oranization that don't know the codes to get to the end screen.  sort of like a padlock.  they are super easy to pick, why does anyone use them?  well, for 2 reasons:  1)there are still people to lazy to break into it and 2)there are still people too stupid to figure out how to pick/break the lock.  i don't think the others really want ANYONE who comes into the flame to have the ability to blow the place up or contact the outside world. 

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »
The CAT could not pull the rug over the door, plus the military uses DOGs for that kind of stuff! ;)

If Bea was down there thru a secret tunnel how did her horse climb that ladder to get outside? (you know - old style fire houses have a spiral staircase and a pole so horses could not make it up to the crew's quarters/food) Plus why didn't she run instead of risk being found? Why didn't Kate/Sayid find said secret tunnel?