Author Topic: Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?  (Read 13170 times)

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »
So does that make Mikhail a hostile? Dharma doesnt know their projects are compromised, hence the continued drops?

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 01:04:15 AM »
You know, the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the Others will not kill certain Losties no matter what, they would die themselves first!

Why did Patchy shoot Sayid in the arm then patch (pun intented) him up? They have had many chances to kill the main Losties but didn't!

Maybe the Others are exspecting the Losties to do something speicfic, or fullfill a proficy or something?

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 01:09:14 AM »
No, I was saying that Mikhail is just another pawn that was being experimented on, like those in the Swan and Pearl Stations. 

He was part of the Dharma experiment maybe?  Desmond believed in his reality that he had to push a button (which was somewhat real), those in the Pearl station believed that they had to take notes on the actions of the Swan inhabitants.  So then Patchy/Mikhail was told that there had been some kind of war (which he claims to have arrived after, so therefore knows nothing about), and was to "guard" this station, armed with C4, from some imaginary hostiles. 

scrod

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 01:17:39 AM »
No, I was saying that Mikhail is just another pawn that was being experimented on, like those in the Swan and Pearl Stations. 

He was part of the Dharma experiment maybe?  Desmond believed in his reality that he had to push a button (which was somewhat real), those in the Pearl station believed that they had to take notes on the actions of the Swan inhabitants.  So then Patchy/Mikhail was told that there had been some kind of war (which he claims to have arrived after, so therefore knows nothing about), and was to "guard" this station, armed with C4, from some imaginary hostiles. 

Unlikely:
- He had a 'handler' in Mrs Klugh that also spoke fluent Russian, who is one of the others (and non-Dharma we would say)
- He was more likely an electronics field expert, brought in to get the communications running after the purple flash and defend the station from infiltration by outsiders. 

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:49 AM »
Ive always thought about it but after tonight it kind of makes more since to me.

Maybe dharma is not real at all maybe the whole Dharma innitiative is a lie thought up by the others or (Jacob) or whatever.

The way he said that the Hostiles have been there  much longer than Dharma made me think that maybe Dharma isnt real maybe its just one huge experiment from the others.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 01:40:02 AM »
Ive always thought about it but after tonight it kind of makes more since to me.

Maybe dharma is not real at all maybe the whole Dharma innitiative is a lie thought up by the others or (Jacob) or whatever.

The way he said that the Hostiles have been there  much longer than Dharma made me think that maybe Dharma isnt real maybe its just one huge experiment from the others.
This is the idea that seem to point the most close of the path. Still miss why the Dharma Initiative had to be so big, and the structure of the hatches so complex. Still it might be the way.

Offline gakhandal

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 01:48:50 AM »
Ben, at the time known as Henry, mentioned that the reason he allowed the survivors (Losties) to capture him was to get Locke.

I dont know why, but Locke is important them.

Not too important as to put him on the list that Ms Klugh gave to Micheal? dont know why?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 01:58:33 AM by gakhandal »

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 01:59:56 AM »
Ben, at the time known as Henry, mentioned that the reason he allowed  the survivors to capture him was to get Locke.

I dont know why, but Locke is important them.

Not too important as to put him on the list that Ms Klugh gave to Micheal? dont know why?
Ben is a f**king liar. I think he didn't really wanted to take Locke. He said that to make him stop to push the button. Almost didn't worked. Eko gave him the final push to blow up the hatch by taking him to the pearl.

Offline gakhandal

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 02:27:33 AM »
Ben is a f**king liar. I think he didn't really wanted to take Locke. He said that to make him stop to push the button. Almost didn't worked. Eko gave him the final push to blow up the hatch by taking him to the pearl.
That may be, but it still might be a possibility that Locke is something important to the Others and/or their well being.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 10:38:14 AM »
There is no way Klugh could have hidden after Sayid was shot.  She couldn't have closed the trap door and put the rug over it.  They must have seen them coming (camera's?) and she told Patchy who Sayid was.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 11:43:36 AM »
Maybe the Others are exspecting the Losties to do something speicfic, or fullfill a proficy or something?

I agree with you.  This is one of my main theories I haven't let go of yet.

This is possible.  However, the film from The Lost Experience makes me feel that when Others are recruited, they are told about the original D.I.

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »
There is no way Klugh could have hidden after Sayid was shot.  She couldn't have closed the trap door and put the rug over it.  They must have seen them coming (camera's?) and she told Patchy who Sayid was.

Maybe she wasn't inside the house at the time, but came through an underground tunnel after seeing Locke on the camera?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 01:27:10 PM »
Good point about the rug. She could of been working down there? I think they knew they were coming. Saw  Sayid walking around the perimeter.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2007, 02:46:37 PM »
Good point about the rug. She could of been working down there? I think they knew they were coming. Saw  Sayid walking around the perimeter.
Good assessment Juggy...I think Dharma Initiative was destroyed, and the Others are Hanso employees. (speculation actually.)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2007, 02:51:07 PM »
Ok, so...if Patchy is NOT Dharma and IS a "Hostile"...and the Hostiles have been on the island "long before Dharma"...then that would mean Patchy was not born in Russia afterall?