Author Topic: Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?  (Read 13169 times)

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?
« on: March 08, 2007, 12:21:05 AM »
This sounded like a new topic of conversation!  ::)

If Patchy is an other (hostile) and not Dharma, as he claimed at the end that this was the only part of his story that wasn't true, then he knew that Sayid wasn't a hostile.  Why didn't he kill him to start with?  Why play the game? 

Also, do you think he was playing games with Locke? Did he want him to figure out how to blow up the station, to indicate to his other (hostile) friends that our losties had crossed the line and were now invading his camp? (Basically like a big bright and loud 911 alarm to the others.)

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Why didn't Patchy kill Sayid to start with?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 12:23:02 AM »
This sounded like a new topic of conversation!  ::)

Also, do you think he was playing games with Locke? Did he want him to figure out how to blow up the station, to indicate to his other (hostile) friends that our losties had crossed the line and were now invading his camp? (Basically like a big bright and loud 911 alarm to the others.)

I dont know if he wanted him to win... sounded like he tried to deter him by saying it was programmed by 3 chess masters and cheats. Maybe it would have sounded curious if he told him to just get the hell off the computer!!

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:23:42 AM »
If Patchy is the "good guy(s)" and the others are the "good guys" ----- its all in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? Who is right and who is wrong?

I know this has been discussed in the past in other threads.

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:26:21 AM »
My guess is that Patchy didn't want to kill them, or had orders not to. I think he was going to try to trick them into going the wrong way or something.

Also he tried to steer Locke away from the computer by telling him it was unbeatable.

What ! can't figure is, why didn't they (The Others) remove the C4???

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:27:49 AM »
THe others put the c4 there?

Offline esque0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:29:45 AM »
We don't have enough info.  We don't know if Dharma put it there, the Others, or someone else.  We don't know if the Others are Dharma or not.  We don't know if they left it for just this sort of occasion, where the Flame could be taken over by hostiles (i.e. the Losties).  *shrug*

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »
Have any of you been steered AWAY from a game by being told it's unbeatable???  I don't know if it's just me, but that sounded more like a challenge than anything!

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 12:33:21 AM »
We don't have enough info.  We don't know if Dharma put it there, the Others, or someone else.  We don't know if the Others are Dharma or not.  We don't know if they left it for just this sort of occasion, where the Flame could be taken over by hostiles (i.e. the Losties).  *shrug*

I think it's way safe to say that Dharma rigged the place to blow, I mean the computer was all set up for it...right?

Offline LOST N LOST

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »

I think it's way safe to say that Dharma rigged the place to blow, I mean the computer was all set up for it...right?

so what was dharma doing to the others, that they couldnt afford to let it get out, be communicatred to the world?

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 12:39:49 AM »
Have any of you been steered AWAY from a game by being told it's unbeatable???  I don't know if it's just me, but that sounded more like a challenge than anything!

not steer away, but this wasnt play time either... interesting quote back from locke about that's the good part about being human...

scrod

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:44:43 AM »
Could have been a throw away line to try and make him lose interest.  Doesn't know Locke very well.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:47:21 AM »
He didn't kill Sayid because there were two people with guns pointed at him.

Unless of course, you're talking about when he shot. Then, I'm guessing that Mikhail wanted some info.

Patchy is so mucj easier to remember than Mikhail.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »
Surely the C4 was DHARMA since Marvin spoke of it.

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 12:53:08 AM »

so what was dharma doing to the others, that they couldnt afford to let it get out, be communicatred to the world?

Maybe they didn't want the Others/Hostiles to communicate to the world and let someone/everyone know about the island and/or the project.

And it was interesting that Patchy said "they were here ALOT longer" than Dharma.

Clearly Dharma thought them to dangerous if only by calling them Hostiles.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 12:56:09 AM »
Hey, here's a thought.  So far, Marvin has been played for people in stations who were being played.  Maybe there were no hostiles.  Maybe it was just another mind game.  C4 and everything.  Maybe they told Patchy (I agree..easier than Mikhail!) to guard the place, "send" communications, and watch for hostiles whom they told him would come (kind of like replacements huh?).