Author Topic: Questions About The Hostiles, The Others, Patchy, Etc...  (Read 6644 times)

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Questions About The Hostiles, The Others, Patchy, Etc...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 04:44:04 PM »
BTW-They would all be dead if Patchy would have let John enter 77 while Sayid and Kate were downstairs.
Yeah, he could, but that would kill Bea too, and we know how the others are about killing one of them. Mikhail only killed Bea, because he tried to suicide right after.

I wondered if Patchie had set the video up himself - maybe it wasn't always accessible through a chess game - it might have been something simpler - and maybe the intention was for Locke to blow the Flame, killing them all - remember, the others would rather die than give anything away. Maybe he set the game up following info from Ben that would feel complled to play if he said it was impossible to win - maybe they wanted to Locke to find the video.

It's a good theory. May be one of methods, as the one I said, that Bea set the timer and It would blow up if she was captured and didn't reset it. Anyway the 77 isn't a self-destruction originally.

One thing that has been bothering me is how we are so sure Bea wanted him to kill her.  I know she says "you know what to do", but how can we be sure she meant to kill her?  Maybe he took it upon himself to kill her because he didn't agree with what she wanted to do.  I know I will probably get slammed for this one, but I think it's possible.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 04:57:14 PM »
One thing that has been bothering me is how we are so sure Bea wanted him to kill her.  I know she says "you know what to do", but how can we be sure she meant to kill her?  Maybe he took it upon himself to kill her because he didn't agree with what she wanted to do.  I know I will probably get slammed for this one, but I think it's possible.
But then why kill himself after that. What is the logic on that?

Offline COWBOYPANTS

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 05:07:10 PM »
Maybe that was his "other way"?  but, I am probably wrong since, you're right, it's not the most logical explanation.

I'll shut up now. ;D

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »
The translation indicates she wanted him to shoot her