Author Topic: After a week to ponder  (Read 5187 times)

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
After a week to ponder
« on: March 06, 2007, 11:04:25 AM »
After a week to ponder about it I'm really having a problem with the meteorite hitting the chicken place.

I mean, how freaking out there is that? ...even for the TV show known as LOST!  ???This little detail sounds like something from a cartoon, or soap opera!

And what does it imply? That not only the planet, but the whole universe is at risk?

OK, someone justify it before this show loses me, I know you want to! :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: After a week to ponder
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 11:06:56 AM »
I think it was just a piece of fun outrageous happening that fueled Hurley's belief that he is cursed. It was such an unbelievable event that it pushed Hurley to go to Australia.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 11:16:58 AM »
i agree with you jugdish.  i was cracking up laughing when the metorite hit the chicken shack.  i looked at my hubby (who doesn't usually watch), with tears in my eyes, and said, "TRICIA TANAKA IS DEAD!!"  he said, "yes she probably is, why is it so funny?"  i said, "hurley is cursed".

i just found it commical.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:26:46 AM »
Me to, it was just an outrageous comic moment. It also allowed Hurley to confuse meteorite and astroid.

scrod

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:26 AM »
After a week to ponder about it I'm really having a problem with the meteorite hitting the chicken place.

I mean, how freaking out there is that? ...even for the TV show known as LOST!  ???This little detail sounds like something from a cartoon, or soap opera!

And what does it imply? That not only the planet, but the whole universe is at risk?

OK, not to nitpick, but they find a van on its side in the jungle, turn it right side up and it runs when they push start it.

And you're worried about the plausibility of a meteor hitting the Chicken Shack?

Just relax and enjoy the ride my friend, relax and enjoy.

Oh, Captain Obvious strikes again, yada, yada...

BRBob

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 07:43:35 PM »
We have known about the metor for a year.

Yes it is rare, but it does happen.
http://wcbstv.com/local/local_story_003143014.html

However usually it just makes a hole in a house and doesn't cause an explosion. So it hit the gas line. I agree that is a stretch.

The odds of Hugo winning the lottery with the numbers is harder to imagine than a meteor blowing up the Chicken Shack.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 11:22:16 PM »

OK, not to nitpick, but they find a van on its side in the jungle, turn it right side up and it runs when they push start it.

And you're worried about the plausibility of a meteor hitting the Chicken Shack?

Captain Obvious does strike again!!  LOLOL

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 03:23:04 AM »

Hey, He is saying that the reach of Valezentti equation might extend OUT of the planet. That's really interesting. To think it's not only about the human specie over earth, but the entire universe.
And YOU are worried about a Van?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »
Oh and season 1 when the guy falls to his death, it's like no matter how tragic something is with Hurley, it's some what comical too....

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »
Yeah.  Like his girlfriend getting shot twice in the stomach.  Boy did that have me rolling!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 01:29:24 AM »

Well actually, out of all the wacky stuff on the island, the van push start is probably the most believable...lol