Author Topic: What do we make from the van?  (Read 5785 times)

scrod

What do we make from the van?
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:38:26 AM »
So there is a van with limited usefulness on the island, what can we make out of it?

My immediate thought was to have Sayid rip out the alternator to power a radio or something.

Any other thoughts?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What do we make from the van?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:39:45 AM »
Never thought of the van in this way, but it does make sense. They put in a story so they could get parts to use. I like your thinking.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 12:43:54 AM »
In any case the boys now have something to tinker with and spend some time with, a new project to keep them busy

scrod

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:44:13 AM »
I wonder if there were other 8-tracks, seeing as how the other music collection went up in smoke.  Get some more 3-dog and Steppenwolf on the show

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 01:07:34 AM »
i think they should turn it into a love shack.  so that when nikki and paulo are getting it on no one will interup them.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 01:08:18 AM »
That would bring back the spirit of the 60

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:42:40 AM »
Considering they don't have a fuel supply, I would take it to Otherville and throw it to something explosive. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! \o/

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 04:57:26 AM »

I was thinking the "Army" could be rebuilt to go get Jack out of there. The Hippie van can hold what? 30-40 people????? ;)

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 05:36:03 AM »

I was thinking the "Army" could be rebuilt to go get Jack out of there. The Hippie van can hold what? 30-40 people????? ;)

It can hold 5 elephants and 3 giraffes.
Seriously now. If it was with the extra seat It could hold 9 to 11 people. As it is, due to proper accommodation on that limited height (people couldn't stand inside) 2 less people could use it. Or if they don't care about comfort, 2 more.

scrod

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:36:08 AM »

It can hold 5 elephants and 3 giraffes.
Seriously now. If it was with the extra seat It could hold 9 to 11 people. As it is, due to proper accommodation on that limited height (people couldn't stand inside) 2 less people could use it. Or if they don't care about comfort, 2 more.
Don't forget the people hanging on the top and sides, like Indian commuter railway.  Could 'hold' 30 people, just not sure motor could move it.

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 12:09:39 PM »
Just an observation.  Charlie is wearing a Bob Dylan T shirt in this episode.  A similar blue VW bus is seen on the cover of "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan" album. (which was featured subtly on the movie "Vanilla Sky", which reminded me of "Flashes before your eyes")

Also the T shirt was for Highway 61 - a song that touches on free will vs. fate and religious stories.

"God said to Abraham 'Kill me a son'......you can do what you want but next time you see me coming you better run."

What do you think?  Any connection?

mindsparkle

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »
I think the fact that the van somehow traveled to get to its final destination means that there are roads that are just over grown.... use the map and find the roads and they should take you to whoville... or at least to other places/hatches with other goodies they might need... a warehouse, a fuel station, a repair station, a hatch or two, a recreational area, who knows what they might find... but it might be a safe way to navigate the island...

And, have Sayid or Sun or someone go through the trash and read it if possible and find some clues about who use to live and operate the island...

if nothing else, Hurley can take his magical mystery bus and make it his little hut by the sea... would make a nice break from the weather...

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 04:08:15 PM »
And, have Sayid or Sun or someone go through the trash and read it if possible and find some clues about who use to live and operate the island...
Why Sun? Sayid is the only guy in there with the discernment to think in read those papers. I am starting to get angry on the other survivors. They are such assholes, not looking on the things they find. That could rise their security, clear the mysteries, even help them to escape the island.
But only Sayid show the will to know the facts. Right now for me Sayid is the only survivor that rule.

mindsparkle

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 05:48:12 PM »
Because Sayid has a lot on his plate and if someone else had to do it, Sun is thorough and will let Sayid know just what she found... don't trust any of the other losties to not read and assert their own agenda...

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 06:18:20 PM »
I don't trust anyone else to have the brain to think on read those "garbage".
I am becoming really disappointed with everyone else than Sayid. Hope the writers start to correct it.