Author Topic: Timeline Question About Randy  (Read 4243 times)

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Timeline Question About Randy
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:53:12 AM »
This is something I thought about last week and never found an answer to. In earlier episodes, Randy was Hurley's boss at the Chicken Shack. Near the time of the crash, Randy was Locke's boss at the Box company - before he went to Australia. Now it seems Randy is back to being the manager at Hurley's restaurant, around the same time he was supposed to be at the box company. It doesn't see like enough time for Hurley to give Randy the job at the box company after the meteor hit, which could be one explanation. Have any explanations been discussed about this, or am I just missing something? And what about the fact that Hurley didn't like the guy, although some time has passed since he won the lottery?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline Question About Randy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:14:15 AM »
I assumed that Hurley gave him the job at the box factory after the chicken shack when kaboom. But you are right that there was no time for that. Hurley left for Australia right after this happened. So I am guessing that he brought randy back from the box company to run the chicken shack?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »
I assumed that Hurley gave him the job at the box factory after the chicken shack when kaboom. But you are right that there was no time for that. Hurley left for Australia right after this happened. So I am guessing that he brought randy back from the box company to run the chicken shack?
i just assumed the same thing, but now that i realize not enough time it gets me to thinking.  maybe randy worked for cluck's (as hurley's boss), then hurley fired him when he bought cluck's so he went and worked for the box company.  (hurley may not have realized randy was still working for him-  he owned the company, but we don't know if he actually managed/ran the company)  when hurley decided to re open clucks (or open a new one?) he knew randy would be the best manager, so hired him from the box company for the chicken job.

BRBob

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:56:34 PM »
It possibly could happen this way:

Randy was Locke's boss right before he left for Australia. Locke wasn't in Australia but a day or two before he had to fly back.

Hurley left a day or two after his Dad showed up, right when the Chicken Shak blew up.
Hurley was in Australia a few days -week looking for the source of the numbers.

Only explaination:
Chicken Shak blows up. Day 1

Hurley gives Randy the job at the box factory. Day 1 evening.
The first day on the job, Randy gives Locke a hard time for going to Australia. Day 2.

Hurley Leaves for Australia. Day 3
Hurley stays in Australia for a few days Day 4-5.
Hurley leaves to go back to the Sates. Day 6.

Locke leaves for Australia. Day 4.
Locke tries to go on the walkabout tour. Day 5.
He leaves to go back to the States. Day 6.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
I don't think so. It appears that Locke and Randy had a longer standing problem then just a couple of days. I believe Randy left the box company to run the chiken shack. He just started there so he could of left the box company just days before.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
WAIT PEOPLE.. You all are assuming that Hurley stood in Australia for what? 2 days? He could have spent an entire year on there, before he gave up, and came back. As far as I remember he only was on the plane because his mother birthday. So Randy could have enough time on the box company to turn Locke's life a living hell.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:37:40 PM »
i agree with jug, it seemed there is a long standing harassment issue between Randy and Lcoke. 

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »
And about me? My posts are invisible?
Randy could be on the Box Company AFTER Tricia died.
Why nobody listen that Hurley spent A LOT OF TMIE in Australia?

BRBob

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »
No your posts are not invisible. My timeline was proving you right.
If you think Hurley was in Australia for a while, just add time to my timeline for Hurley in Aus.

From his flashback, we assume he went there, looked up the guy, talked to his wife, and then came home. I don't think he was there a year.

Lets say he was there for a month. Then Randy could have had a month to torture Locke.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
You could be right, I did make an assumption that he was just there for a short time. At the same time we have no evidence that he was there a long time.