Author Topic: Could the island be....?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Could the island be....?
« on: March 03, 2007, 04:04:01 PM »
I had posted this in the shambala thread and didn't get any replies so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about the island being Atlantis.  Think about it:
1) Antlantis is supposed to be this great place that is perfect... and the others seem to believe that they are the good guys.. and w/ the shambala, or shagri- la references.....
2) atlantis was run on some kind of wonderful energy source that could cure people and help make it such a wonderful place... on the island we had the electromagnetic energy that could cure Locke and (sorry drawing a blank) the other lady. The electromagnectic energy was important enought to keep pressing the button every 108 mins.
3) think about the dharma logo- concentric rings  just like Atlantis

There are I am sure other things that could support this theory... but as of right now it is just a theory and I haven't had tons of time to develop it... I will try to add more as I think of things to support this idea.

Any thought... to support or debunk this theory would be greatly welcomed.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Could the island be....?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 04:12:41 PM »
i haven't read any theories about the island being atlantis (there could be one on here that i just haven't caught).  not a bad theory!  i want to see what some others have to say, and read up on atlantis.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »
The island be Atlantis or one Atlantis for me is less exciting that if isn't.
Although the four-toe can't be ignored.

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:07:03 PM »
I am sure that TPTB want you to think it is like Atlantis, especially if it adds to the intrigue.  It is like Atlantis, but it isn't Atlantis.

scrod

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »
Probably some threads around, then people just kinda moved on.  I think that if this was Atlantis, there would be abundant evidence of something ancient.  All we gots is a foot.  So as far as I would say it is still open - unless there was a mention of this in one of the podcasts and they said no.  Other than the foot, I don't recall any references.

Sounds like you have you work cut out for you, Jules, develop this theory some more!

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 11:54:05 PM »
Probably some threads around, then people just kinda moved on.  I think that if this was Atlantis, there would be abundant evidence of something ancient.  All we gots is a foot.  So as far as I would say it is still open - unless there was a mention of this in one of the podcasts and they said no.  Other than the foot, I don't recall any references.

Sounds like you have you work cut out for you, Jules, develop this theory some more!
There is another reference to ancient ages, the hieroglyphs on the display. Why they did it?

scrod

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »

There is another reference to ancient ages, the hieroglyphs on the display. Why they did it?
Yes, but I meant like ancient stuff around like ruins and such.  I don't recall any reasoning behind egyptian glyphs for death or whatever.  By the time people saw them they barely had tome to say what the **** before going to oblivion.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 12:35:20 AM »

Yes, but I meant like ancient stuff around like ruins and such.  I don't recall any reasoning behind egyptian glyphs for death or whatever.  By the time people saw them they barely had tome to say what the **** before going to oblivion.
There's the Black Rock and the window near Fakeopolis, where they kept Mike.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 12:57:53 PM »
Atlantis was not in the south pacific.  It would have to be in an area populated by or visited by Greek, Romans and other Europeans to be in their literature.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 01:36:37 PM »
I'm not really all about figuring out where Lost is going, I'm more about trying to pick up all the pieces from where it's been.  So, I don't have anything to say about Atlantis, but I do want to thank you for acknowledging that Locke and Rose have both been healed by the island.  They both go to the beach and get healed.  Locke does it multiple times.  Both are able to understand life is a more in depth introspective way after they are healed. 

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 11:50:01 AM »
T
Atlantis was not in the south pacific.  It would have to be in an area populated by or visited by Greek, Romans and other Europeans to be in their literature.
[/quote|

Right-O. Atlantis was supposedly in the Atlantic. Lemuria was in the pacific.