Author Topic: Welcome Home Cayley!!!!  (Read 35517 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Home Cayley!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2007, 10:07:05 AM »
(((((((((((((((((CAYKEY))))))))))))))) :-* :-* :-*

I love it! Deb comes home after being away way too long, and she still says hi in MY welcome home thread!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((DEBS)))))))))))))))))))))

WHOOOHOOOO!!!!  I'm still so stoked about the Hi-Speed upgrade! ;D

As am I! This interweb thingie is quite a lot more interesting when I can get to it quicker.

I don't have one - I'm too cool for a thread of my own. I prefer to hi-jack everyone elses!! I'm amazing and brilliant and witty (and modest) and you all love me!!!

This is very true! This place shines all the more brightly with your presence!

Um, guys.  Just because you don't have your own special thread doesn't mean that I don't really think you're so cool.  I think that's what the "Show Someone Some Love" thread is for.

Oh, I wasnt trying to start anything, just admitting something about myself and showing that it's not always newcomers to a site that feel maybe a wee bit and a tad slightly left out from time to time in the community. When I say I felt "jealous" by no means was I seething over it, or crying myself to sleep at night into my pillow, I just had a little, you know, twinge of, "that's so cool. I wonder if I'll ever have a thread" before moving on to some other subject and forgetting all about it. Also, as I recall, the "show someone some love" thread, I believe, started out as a "show Juggy some love" thread but the thread starter, I think Chelle, changed it to be all inclusive. So we as a group have always been more than welcoming!! I never meant to imply anything different from that.

I love honesty!  You are a hero in my book because I know exactly what you are saying!  It reminds me that there is an advantage of getting older... if I really wanted a thread dedicated to me, I'd make the darn thread myself!!!  Laughing!  It's life grand!

And bravo!

I have been thinking about getting older a lot lately, and you're right, that is one of the best things about it, the ability to have perspective on life that just isnt possible with less experience.  Its the physical part of getting older that blows chunks. Totally. ;)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
******SMOOCHES****** in a purely platonic way - love ya CC!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2007, 10:40:02 AM »
Tuesday morning Lovin' to my Caykey
((((((((((((((((((((CAYKEY)))))))))))))))))00 :-* :-*

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »
Castaway!

I hear you on the physical.  I was doing great early 40's and wondering what everyone was complaining about, then my fibro got really bad.  Oh, my goodness, did I feel old for the first time in my life!!!!!

But with age does come some wisdom!  I figured out that if I didn't allow the pain to dampen my life, I was gonna rock!  I took up scuba diving because I didn't think I could do it.  I wanted to do it, but thought my lack of ability to lift heavy weight that I'd fail.  Guess what!  People are so nice and helpful that I can get in and out of the water with very little pain.

I've said it before, but one of the most freeing things in my life was when I gave up really caring what strangers think.  I'm still a people pleaser kind of person, but put that energy into family and friends now.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »
Castaway!

I hear you on the physical.  I was doing great early 40's and wondering what everyone was complaining about, then my fibro got really bad.  Oh, my goodness, did I feel old for the first time in my life!!!!!

But with age does come some wisdom!  I figured out that if I didn't allow the pain to dampen my life, I was gonna rock!  I took up scuba diving because I didn't think I could do it.  I wanted to do it, but thought my lack of ability to lift heavy weight that I'd fail.  Guess what!  People are so nice and helpful that I can get in and out of the water with very little pain.

I've said it before, but one of the most freeing things in my life was when I gave up really caring what strangers think.  I'm still a people pleaser kind of person, but put that energy into family and friends now.
Aww that was a great post DI!!
You are such a postive up beat person
That post made me feel good

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2007, 11:49:31 AM »
New Mantra - " Your only as old as the woman you feel - tells you she is"  ::) ;D

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »
New Mantra - " Your only as old as the woman you feel - tells you she is"  ::) ;D

huh?  the woman YOU feel? :o

Offline TXFlyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »

huh?  the woman YOU feel? :o

HEEHEEHEE  ;D  ::)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2007, 12:01:29 PM »
I just want to wish Cayley an EARLY Happy Birthday incase I'm not here on Thursday.

((((CAYLEY)))))

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2007, 03:38:34 PM »
Castaway!

Aww that was a great post DI!!
You are such a postive up beat person
That post made me feel good

Thanks!  I find most people here very upbeat!  But trust me, I have my days.  I usually just try to avoid human interaction on those kind of days!  It's best for the world not to have to experience the iz in a tizz!

lol!

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
Have a great day!  Sorry to double post, but wanted to send you some Florida sunshine.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:16 AM »
Have a great day!  Sorry to double post, but wanted to send you some Florida sunshine.

I'm just following your posts around the site soaking up the Florida Sun and good vibrations!

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »
I've been a busy bee this morning!  Lots of great company.  Glad you guys didn't hear me on the phone with the dog trainer.  Amazing how this trainer turned it all back on me because I am thinking the dog is a person and dogs are not people.  I think kindness is appropriate for people and dogs!  I know the dog is a dog because if a person was urinating all over my house I would remove the person (using a choke collar) to the backyard for permanent banishment from the house!

Happy Birthday!

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2007, 01:12:33 PM »
I feel for you Izz, I used to work with animals and rescue dogs are usually really tough, and the ones we love the most, knowing what they've been through. I had so many of them as clients because the dogs couldnt wait til the owners got home, and I'd come and walk them midday. There was one greyhound that never ever got used to me, and I would walk her "brother" and then clean up the wee wee pads for her.

Offline Floyd25

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:14 PM »
Welcome home Cay.
I don't know how to quote but I like Dizz's annalogy.