Author Topic: Any opinions about the trash in the van?  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Any opinions about the trash in the van?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 09:26:23 AM »
Vincent found the arm with the key still gripped, meaning the key had been removed from the ignition.

pink & yellow are common colors for carbon copies

Just to be a smarty-pants, those multi-colored forms are called NCR...as in No Carbon Required.

sorry.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »
pink & yellow are common colors for carbon copies

Just to be a smarty-pants, those multi-colored forms are called NCR...as in No Carbon Required.

sorry.
Oh.  Thanks!  Smarty-pants.  :P [/jk]  :)

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 12:40:06 AM »
I read this somewhere else, and it isn't my idea.

The island is making things on the island, and doesn't have a lot to go on.
That is why everything is Dharma brand.

Hugo needs to feel good about himself? Vincent "finds" the van and brings back the arm with the key. Hurley wanted to fix a car, and got a VW Bus to fix up.

Just think about how things/people just pop up.

I'm not sure I really believe this, but it is worth a thought.

Personally, I think Roger made trips from the Swan to the Arrow. He stopped to have a beer and Smokie whacked the van killing him. This would be a few years before Desmond arrived.

I don't know if I agree with all of this, but, I did like the idea about how things just "pop" up.  Everyone has been wondering how the van got there, when the losties have been exploring that part of the island for months.  This makes alot of sense (in LOST world).  Don't know about the island "making things" part. 

My theory was that there was someone with Roger in the van and that they killed him and took off (after all, the keys were still in his hand!).  Over the beer or over the important documents in the back...no idea.  Maybe this other guy intended to burn the evidence, but the van rolled off a cliff or down a hill and away.  Or maybe his 108 minutes were just up and he never got the chance to go back? 

Anyone thought about the problem that these were typed notes?  And the one by Roger's head looks like a signed letter.  Not written ones like the data in the bank tubes.  And the Swan computer was only used for entering the numbers. Hmmmm.

Offline TheChairman

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 08:51:38 AM »
Another something to ask about: In the first ep of the season, there were car(s?) spotted in the Others camp. I can't seem to find the cap, but none matched this van did right?

scrod

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 11:34:42 AM »
Or maybe his 108 minutes were just up and he never got the chance to go back?

Could be that the van stopped working and was tipped over by the magnetic force of the Swan about 3 years ago?  Somehow Roger got conked in the head and died during this?

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 03:28:03 AM »
Or maybe his 108 minutes were just up and he never got the chance to go back?

Could be that the van stopped working and was tipped over by the magnetic force of the Swan about 3 years ago?  Somehow Roger got conked in the head and died during this?
And why this time, with the failsafe exploding a even stronger magnetic force the Van stood in place? The vines weren't cut by moviment, so I assume this last time it didn't move.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 03:09:37 PM »
My opinion on trash in the van...Roger was not very tidy.

Dude, he probably didn't dig sharin a pad with Radzinsky and Kelvin...they were harshin his buzz so he went out with the case of beer from the pantry and lived in the van......

Offline deadpolarbear

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 08:45:59 PM »
good point there actually... he could have been living in the van...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 12:14:47 AM »
i think if i had to choose between a vw van with dharma beer or living with patchy, i'd definitely choose the van!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2007, 05:16:27 AM »
i think if i had to choose between a vw van with dharma beer or living with patchy, i'd definitely choose the van!
Now that we've met Patchy, I agree! :-\
 :D