Author Topic: Sleep Apnea  (Read 3883 times)

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep Apnea
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »
So I just looke at pictures of these masks.  There seems to be a wide variety, some more comfortable looking than others.  Can you choose one?  Or just use the one they give?

You can choose the kind you like the best.  My dad (being truly himself) tried every sinlge one and then settled for the one to cover the nose and mouth.

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2007, 11:43:30 PM »
they supposedly have one you wear like a mouthpiece... I would like that one

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
[deeppink]i sleep with a mouthpiece because i grind my teeth and have since i was 16.  i don't know that i could do the special mouthpiece because i have tmj and i think that would probably make my jaw problems even worse.[/color]

I have tmj and without the mouthpiece, I wake up with a tension headache.  I love the mouthpiece.  I also have fibromyalgia and the mouthpiece really helps keep the pain level down.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 02:38:11 PM »
[deeppink]i sleep with a mouthpiece because i grind my teeth and have since i was 16.  i don't know that i could do the special mouthpiece because i have tmj and i think that would probably make my jaw problems even worse.[/color]

I have tmj and without the mouthpiece, I wake up with a tension headache.  I love the mouthpiece.  I also have fibromyalgia and the mouthpiece really helps keep the pain level down.
i too have tmj and wear a mouthpiece.  i lost it (actually i think my dog got a hold of it somehow and chewed it up).  it's killing me.  i have to go back to the dentist to get a new one, but have been putting it off because they are SO expensive!

Offline DizzyIzzy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »
My dog got my first one too.  And yes it is expensive!  Don't really know why.  I have a case for mine now...dog is really gonna have to make an effort to get the one I have now!