Author Topic: Got more boats...maybe more cars??  (Read 6713 times)

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Got more boats...maybe more cars??
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 05:56:22 AM »
PrincessLeia,
 So you are saying Jeep is against the practices but VW is okay with it?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
PrincessLeia,
 So you are saying Jeep is against the practices but VW is okay with it?
The VW was obviously many years ago, when the project was still innocuous- or at least gave the appearance of being so.

The Jeep deal was supposedly recent...while Hanso was under the control of evil Mittlewerk.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »
of course there were more vehicles... the orientation films showed us huge earth moving machines being lowered onto the island to build the hatches... they had to move those about some how, maintenance them and have storage for fuel, etc... and since every other modern convenience was neatly packed into the experience on the island, I think vehicles would be there, too... not too many, not a super highway, but enough to carry VIP's around to survey the progress...

This was exactly what I was saying after epi 3x1.  I especially like the way you put that, " every other modern convenience was neatly packed into the experience on the island..."  Too true.  But there has been debate for some time as to whether the others have vehicles currently.  Dead dude Roger was an original Dharma workman.  If the road possibly has grown over, as some suggest, do you think that the Others still have access to vehicles now? Or do you think they were all removed from the island?  (I guess this falls into theory and speculation as to who we believe that the Others actually are...)

Which orientation films are you talking about? I don't remember earth moving machines...

scrod

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 12:20:05 AM »
On an island this size, cars are more of a pain than anything.  You need to fuel, maintain, etc.  They would need one for moving stuff around and maintenance, but not much more.

Same with boats, only need so many to get around.  Beyond that it is diminishing returns.