Author Topic: the dharma bus?  (Read 14194 times)

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: the dharma bus?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »
Max's dad...love your new sig!  That's awesome!!!

DITTO

That's Awesome Dude  ;)

Offline Hatchelor

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
your telling me you have never roll started a car?  And its probably Diesel which means the fuel doesn't varnish like gasoline does over time.  It is possible.  Not real high odds, but possible.

Have you ever seen Little Miss Sunshine?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, LMS's problem was more to do with shifting I think, not starting.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:52:32 PM by Hatchelor »

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 01:48:39 PM »
your telling me you have never roll started a car?  And its probably Diesel which means the fuel doesn't varnish like gasoline does over time.  It is possible.  Not real high odds, but possible.

LoL...My thoughts exactly. Not to mention that I had to push-start my Honda Civic in the exact same manner more times than I care to admit back in the 80s.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 01:58:38 PM »

LoL...My thoughts exactly. Not to mention that I had to push-start my Honda Civic in the exact same manner more times than I care to admit back in the 80s.
lol!  my first high school boyfriend had a honda civic too, and WAY too many times we had to start it that way.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

lol!  my first high school boyfriend had a honda civic too, and WAY too many times we had to start it that way.

Gotta love those Civics lol...they're tanks, though, will survive through even my lousy maintenance and care. And before Hurley even described to the rest what his plan was to get the VW started, I said to myself "Ok, he's gonna get it rolling and pop the clutch" lol...ah, memories. :)

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 02:24:34 PM »
How in the world did an undamaged VW bus get to be sitting on its n the jungle/forest with a dead guy in the driver's seat?  I'm sure Roger Workman wasn't just driving along and the car just tipped over and he croaked instantly...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 02:27:17 PM »
How in the world did an undamaged VW bus get to be sitting on its n the jungle/forest with a dead guy in the driver's seat?  I'm sure Roger Workman wasn't just driving along and the car just tipped over and he croaked instantly...

My initial reaction is that the "incident" that was mentioned in the Swan training film lead to Roger's death and the car being tipped over.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:45 PM »

My initial reaction is that the "incident" that was mentioned in the Swan training film lead to Roger's death and the car being tipped over.
Very likely explanation.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 05:56:28 PM »
how did they manage to start it... when everything basically was screwed
Nothing is impossible...just highly improbable :)

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 06:25:48 PM »
Overall, I just think its more back-up to the theory that 'The more you will something to happen, it will happen'.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2007, 04:29:42 AM »
Or a stupid reason, like Roger is drunk, park on a stepped place, a poison snake bite him, he jumps scared, the seatbelt acts with the kinetics of his jump, and the leverage of terrain makes the VW fall on the side, and a drunk poisoned man, restrained by a seatbelt on a fallen vehicle can't do much other the wait for dead...

WHAT!?

I could happen!!!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2007, 06:21:03 AM »
Or a stupid reason, like Roger is drunk, park on a stepped place, a poison snake bite him, he jumps scared, the seatbelt acts with the kinetics of his jump, and the leverage of terrain makes the VW fall on the side, and a drunk poisoned man, restrained by a seatbelt on a fallen vehicle can't do much other the wait for dead...

WHAT!?

I could happen!!!
Let me expand on that!
Roger also used to pick up the journals from the tube of the Pearl Station...chain reaction...above happend and the whole island started to unravel like a cheap suit. People in the other stations, depending on him(for food or his common Work Man Wit), either also die or left their stations to wander about the island only to be killed by Smokey or the Others.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2007, 07:35:55 AM »
One last thought...if Roger died in the vw crash? Why was the key around his wrist?

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2007, 09:10:33 AM »

WHAT!?

I could happen!!!
Let me expand on that!
Roger also used to pick up the journals from the tube of the Pearl Station...chain reaction...above happend and the whole island started to unravel like a cheap suit. People in the other stations, depending on him(for food or his common Work Man Wit), either also die or left their stations to wander about the island only to be killed by Smokey or the Others.

So perhaps the "incident" was the fact that Roger didn't come home with the beer.  If my wife didn't come home with the expected beer, there'd be an incident here too. :)

Sillyness aside, I like the idea that Roger was to pick up the tubes and shuttle them as well as do other non-essential tasks.

Offline Namaste

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 01:24:16 PM »
Heck, I'm not worried about how the bus started .... I just think it would have been cool to have been there !!  HA HA  Yeeee Haaaa Hippie Bus !!