Author Topic: the dharma bus?  (Read 14231 times)

mindsparkle

Re: the dharma bus?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 02:32:02 AM »
the episode made me happy and I love three dog night and I remember the vw micro bus very well... who could ask for anything more!

kelvinlives

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 08:12:28 AM »
The island made the bus run when Hurely got Hope back.
Hurely also gave Charlie hope.

You can't dissect Lost logically until you see the final scene.

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »
Another country heard from........

My college years were spent with my head under the (back) hood of one VW or another.  You can't find a much simpler engine.  No radiator (so no water or radiator fulid to evaporate).  VW's of that time frame did come in diesel (not common tho).  I think oxidization of the gas would be a bigger problem than evaporation.  Point being - it is not impossible for them to have started the bus that way even if it had been sitting out for years!  VW's are hardy!

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 11:02:39 AM »
I once started an old motorcyle that was sitting for years the exact same way, and the engine was ceased on it...only we did it on a paved path. Made skid 50 yards long before the back wheel finally gave and it fired up!

kelvinlives

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 11:13:33 AM »
I once started an old motorcyle that was sitting for years the exact same way, and the engine was ceased on it...only we did it on a paved path. Made skid 50 yards long before the back wheel finally gave and it fired up!

We are all thinking the bus was there for 20+ years, maybe it was only 3....

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 11:27:31 AM »
WHO CARES! IT WAS GREAT EPISODE! JUST LET IT BE!   :D :D :D :D

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »
Max's dad...love your new sig!  That's awesome!!!

Offline lostonwed

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 11:42:09 AM »
the epi wasnt so much about hope as it is changing your path  remember everything changes   hurley luck just changed  the relationship with kate and redneck dude changed  the feeling sun has and language changed the island dynamics just changed with danielle working with kate changed   why is it hard to believe that charlies fate was just changed. hope with out action is futille  notice they didnt say faith  hurley was praying    did he change by that
or did he change by changing his own mind in deciding to change

funny how he was talking to libby  a thrpst.  change only comes when you act differently
insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting dif results

hurley and charlie changed themselves  because they were ready to change

Offline lostonwed

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 11:51:56 AM »
did anyone notice that the lic plate on the car hurley was working on in the begining had pce on the end of it  peace  and what a coinkydink that the typical symbol for peace was a vw bus 

oh bus magic bus

are we all still just in hurleys mind   

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »
or PACE for charlie.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »
maybe it was more of a topographical map, with the thicker white lines representing where it is good terrain to drive on, since, as we know, most of the island's terrain would be impossible to drive on if it were not cleared off and flattened.  

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »
maybe it was more of a topographical map, with the thicker white lines representing where it is good terrain to drive on, since, as we know, most of the island's terrain would be impossible to drive on if it were not cleared off and flattened.  
i've been looking at different topographical maps all morning, and i think that's what it was.

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »
Max's dad...love your new sig!  That's awesome!!!

Offline MaxsDad

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
the epi wasnt so much about hope as it is changing your path  remember everything changes   hurley luck just changed  the relationship with kate and redneck dude changed  the feeling sun has and language changed the island dynamics just changed with danielle working with kate changed   why is it hard to believe that charlies fate was just changed. hope with out action is futille  notice they didnt say faith  hurley was praying    did he change by that
or did he change by changing his own mind in deciding to change

funny how he was talking to libby  a thrpst.  change only comes when you act differently
insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting dif results

hurley and charlie changed themselves  because they were ready to change
And I believe Charlies future can change....the future isnt written in stone, its what we make of it! ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 01:09:55 PM »
Reminded me of traveling around seeing the Grateful Dead. Tons of vans in those parking lots. Say it again I loved the ep