Author Topic: LOL ("Episode everyone will be talking about")  (Read 11373 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: LOL ("Episode everyone will be talking about")
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 01:48:25 PM »
Count me among those who enjoyed the episode. The only thing I did not enjoy was the feeling as if Locke and Sayid were kinda "forced" into the episode, istead of feeling as if they were in it naturally. I guess it just points to how little each of them have been featured this season so far.
i got that feeling too.  it was like everyone else had a purpose, but they were just "there".  it wasn't until the last scene that i felt they belonged there.  i really hope they aren't turning locke and sayid into redshirts!  nikki & paulo got more air time.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 01:50:32 PM »
nikki & paulo got more air time.

LOL! Nice to see Vincent again, though... ;)

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
I thought that this was a pretty good episode.  I laughed hard when Sawyer called the dead guy Skeletor....brought me back to childhood cartoon days..He-Man.  I think that there's just something about Hurley and his personality the makes it a good show.  What I thought was cool was how pissed off Sawyer was when he found Hurley, but when he saw how happy Hurley was to see him, he forgot about it and seemed happy that someone cared he was back....maybe a turning point for his character? ???

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »
I thought that this was a pretty good episode.  I laughed hard when Sawyer called the dead guy Skeletor....brought me back to childhood cartoon days..He-Man.  I think that there's just something about Hurley and his personality the makes it a good show.  What I thought was cool was how pissed off Sawyer was when he found Hurley, but when he saw how happy Hurley was to see him, he forgot about it and seemed happy that someone cared he was back....maybe a turning point for his character? ???

I thought that was an excellent moment as well, seeing Sawyer go from extremely pissed off to being touched and smiling, simply from having Hurley appear so genuinely happy to have him back. It was as if losing his "stash" was immediately diminished in his eyes and heart.

I also loved how Sawyer, while teaching Jin english, pointed to Hurley and said "International House Of Pancakes" lol :)

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »
i really loved this episode.  I loved the feel good moments that the show provided instead of the what the h?ll?  moments. I love when they bring comedy into the dialog. it gives us a break and the show brough us back to the orginal characters. LOVED IT

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 06:49:41 AM »
The only bit that disappointed me was near the end when Jin gave Sun the flower he didn't say one of the phrases that Sawyer taught him.

[Jin hands Sun flower]
Jin:  Your butt does not look big in those pants

that would have been fantastic

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 08:10:12 AM »
Even though I thought the previews were misleading (aGAIN), I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. How cool is it that the storyline stemmed from a beer run gone bad? Getting back to some classic lost...priceless.

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 01:38:04 AM »
i really hope they aren't turning locke and sayid into redshirts! --ladybug

Especially since I hear all us redshirts are in danger of being taken out by falling rocks!!  ;D

Although it would be nice if nikki and paulo (what are their names?) accidentally walked under some.  I was equally disappointed that they got more air time than our heroes. 

And also was waiting for Jin to use one of Sawyer's lines on Sun!!  Disappointed too!!

Offline LostbutFound

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »
Did anyone notice that Tricia Tanaka is very close to Asian Reporter Tricia Takanawa from Family Guy?  I doubt this has any significance but I just thought it was funny.