Author Topic: Jordan's Animation Festival (a shameless plug)  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Jordanoth

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Jordan's Animation Festival (a shameless plug)
« on: February 24, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »
This is a website/blog i've started basically designed to broaden everyone's horizon's regarding animation..

http://www.jordansanimationfestival.blogspot.com/

every coupla days i post a new clip of a famous, classic or contemporary animation clip so when i tell people what i do i dont get the countlessly repeated "oh like finding nemo?"... yes YES FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME YES LIKE FINDING NEMO!!!

(*pausing to compose myself)

theres nothing wrong with pixar or for that matter any other type of commercialized animation.. hey im a big fan myself.. but i guess what im trying to do is fight the good fight, and keep the awareness alive for those oldies and those goodies.. the animated shorts that changed the animation medium forever, the ones that we all remember but can never watch again, the ones that NEARLY won the academy award, the stand-out amazing films made by animation students with real potential and vision.. the amazing and psychadelic animations made by pot-head crazies and the inspiring and profound shorts made by modern-day rennaisance men.. and the best part of all of it.. thanks to the wonderful medium of youtube, you get a new one every coupla days!

And if that isn't enticing enough, i thought i might add that you can see my latest demoreel there.. so all of you who have been curious as to what i have been doing, you now have the opportunity to have your questions answered.. so if you have a spare five minutes, head over there and give me a chance to share these masterpieces with one more person :)

your bud,
jords

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
Re: Jordan's Animation Festival (a shameless plug)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
 :D Love the plug  :D

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:45:17 AM »
well dammit i thought it might be time for someone to actually visit my site :(

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 02:19:06 PM »
well dammit i thought it might be time for someone to actually visit my site :(

I visited!!!

Offline HurleysGirl

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:50:53 PM »
I really liked Hedgehog as well as Darkness, Light, Darkness.  Your demo reel looks promising!

scrod

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 01:20:34 AM »
'bump'

Have you had any response/feedback on your demo reel?

Offline Jordanoth

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »
actually yes, it wasnt good enough :s but thats not to say im giving up.. ive started planning some more humour based action pieces (when all else fails, return to slapstick).. my next piece will be a guy who is trying to fly with cardboard wings strapped to his arms.. * an homage to my love for youtube..