Author Topic: Again, God and Jacob reference  (Read 4167 times)

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Again, God and Jacob reference
« on: February 22, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »
OK, I could be missing something here, but has anyone brought up Jacob's ladder in this forum? Here's an OK webpage describing the story. <a href="http://www.gracecathedral.org/enrichment/brush_excerpts/brush_20031022.shtml">Ladder</a> Also, there is a plant known as Jacob's ladder, Polemonium caeruleum - here's a link to a picture of it, any connection to the mark on Juliette? <a href="http://www.dungevalley.co.uk/Polemonium%20caeruleum%20'Brise%20D'Anjou'.jpg">Plant</a>
I am a big LOST fan, but don't have much time to check into this stuff for too long. Has anyone done any investigation about this? Thanks.
Also Alex's bf tells Kate and Sawyer that God loves them like he loved Jacob. So does this just mean that even though they have done wrong, they can be forgiven like Jacob was when he was given his new name. I like the Adam and Eve, Kate and Sawyer connection too.
Is there any connection perhaps to the "promised land" that God tells Jacob will be his?
Since Locke has always seemed very spiritual and the vision I think it was that Charlie had of Claire and the angel in season 2 (correct me if I am wrong) and probably a few other things I am missing, I don't think these biblical connections are too far gone.

Offline AmazonMonkey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Again, God and Jacob reference
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »

The producers themselves have indicated (in podcasts and interviews) that the show has very strong religious/biblical parallels.  The show is riddle with them obvious, and not so obvious.  Not saying you are right or wrong but your right when you say "I don't think these biblical connections are too far gone."

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »
here is a link of a thread i started talking about the Biblical refrences.  I think there is a lot to what TPTB are putting in this show regarding these refrences, i just don't yet know how they all connect.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,3601.0.html

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:40:39 PM »
Let's not forget that Jacks last name is Shepherd, it has to be significant.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 02:49:06 PM »
Right, and now we know he is supposed to be some sort of leader. Leader of a flock perhaps. I totally envisioned Jack becoming the new leader of the Others last night as they were heading for the big boat. He's got Ben in the palm of his hand right now I would say. And also shepherds are usually flying solo tending their sheep, pretty lonely job as Achara said he was.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 07:09:03 PM »

Yea and the little symbol on Julliets back looks some what like waht people draw to be the north star.

Which shepherds were told to follow to find Jesus.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 10:49:43 AM »
i know that post wasn't supposed to be funny, but it is.  think about it  Jack Shepherd, where he's supposed to go to find Jesus.  hmmmm..... 

yep, i'm officially going to hell now.  where's that bus?

kelvinlives

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 11:26:50 AM »
Don't forget jack's daddies first name is Christian.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
yep.  can't forget that one. 

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »
This is funny ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »

That is not something I have forgotten.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 04:38:06 PM »
OK, Kate and Sawyer = Adam and Eve; Claire and Charlie = Joseph and Mary; Maybe the baby that Sun is carrying represents some immaculate conception since we may never know who the father is, there's certainly a conception theme going on with Juliette's whole past story; Jack's off to tend another flock while on the main island, his sheep (former flock) seem lost without him (no pun intended). I could go on and on... this is a fun way to waste time! Anyone else? 

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 07:40:14 PM »
I read  a post by someone on here about Eko rolling the stone away to find an empty tomb Beechcraft.  :-\
 :)