Author Topic: Other Others debunked?  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Other Others debunked?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:56:46 PM »
i still think there are other others.  tom's face was too strange when jack called him out on the "other's" activities on the main island, and he didn't take ownership of them either. so who is to say that ben's others are really the only ones?
Tom was reaction to Jack having the nerve to call his group out on what they were doing when Jacks group was doing the same stuff.  The group of "watchers" were some of the people snatch from the survivors of flight 815.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 12:42:10 PM by Kosmetas »

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 10:56:46 PM »
If anything, the girl's question about Ana Lucia suggests that they are clearly not involved with the Bennies--news about Ana's death would surely have circulated by now, at least to Cindy.

I have read this a few times and am confused. How would Ben or any of the "Bennies" know about Ana Lucia death?

Offline Benrysbestfriend

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 01:10:21 AM »
I have read this a few times and am confused. How would Ben or any of the "Bennies" know about Ana Lucia death?

Michael shot her right outside of where Ben was being kept in the hatch. When Ben left, he would have seen Ana Lucia and Libby.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »
I speculate that in all of the history of DHARMA and the "Others", there must have been some folks who weren't down with the program and went off to try to live on their own.  That may even be what really happened to Danielle.

I still hold out for the 'Nothers.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 10:23:39 AM »
Ben and the Others still don't know about Desmond, correct? (this is assumed because none of the Others knew about Desmond's boat, with Ben seeming to be hugely shocked that it existed at all).

I think they know about Desmond because they could see the hatch on video.  Remember Tom's comments from the "Light 'em up" scene when Jack, Sawyer and Locke are trying to find Michael.  I don't think they knew about the boat though because the camera was only in the hatch. 

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:55 PM »
I don't think the others knew about Dessie and I don't think Kelvin knew about them - remember that he didn't go far from the hatch because he had to push the button.

- Others
- Losties
- Darhma scraps
- Danielle

I reckon that's it.

The only thing that doesn't fit is the kidnappings - Cindy and co. looked clean and happy and they were looking around like it was all new to them - maybe they have just been living in suburbia and were brought over for Juliettes trial. I thought it could be a darhma leftover like patchy who was doing the kidnapping - maybe there are more darhma people - and then the others got the tailies from them.

But...didn't Ben talk about the people who ecko killed in a previous episode? - someone help me out cos I can't remember.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 10:17:12 PM »
Ben and the Others still don't know about Desmond, correct? (this is assumed because none of the Others knew about Desmond's boat, with Ben seeming to be hugely shocked that it existed at all).

I think they know about Desmond because they could see the hatch on video.  Remember Tom's comments from the "Light 'em up" scene when Jack, Sawyer and Locke are trying to find Michael.  I don't think they knew about the boat though because the camera was only in the hatch. 

Wouldn't they wonder who Desmond was, though, and how he got there?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »
How could they know he was there - their surveillance cameras are on the other island - they weren't watching Dessie and he hardly left the hatch til the losties came cos he was pushing the button.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
How could they know he was there - their surveillance cameras are on the other island - they weren't watching Dessie and he hardly left the hatch til the losties came cos he was pushing the button.

They still haven't shown a direct link between the Others and guys like Kelvin. I don't think they're aware of Desmond...like you said Kelvin brought him back to the hatch too quickly for them to stumble upon him, and it's unclear who was in the observation hatch beneath the plane (could have been Patchy in there, for all we know).

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 09:01:33 AM »
I still think there's a second group of Others, or at least I'm hoping there is.  And the producers have pretty much said that it's reasonable to assume that there's a second group of Others, so they haven't dismissed that theory and they're not afraid to tell us when we're wrong.  They just don't always tell us when we're right.