Author Topic: Jack & Juliet  (Read 3441 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack & Juliet
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »
Juliet made out in the nude with Angelina Jolie in the movie "Gia"...I trust her lol.

Seriously, though, I do like how people on this show are not black-and-white "good" or "bad". They're all sorts of grey from one episode to another.

Ben comes back for Locke when he could have escaped...then Ben tried killing Anna Lucia...then Ben closed the door in Juliet's face when she tried escaping with him from the Hydra station flooding...then Juliet tried to get Jack to kill Ben...actually, other than that I'm not sure Juliet was ever shown screwing someone over. But anyway yeah, both characters are in the grey middle, morally. Much like real life. Thank goodness, because I would hate for Lost to be nothing more than your average soap opera where everyone is blatantly "good" or "evil".
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 05:48:38 PM by WhatThe »

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 02:52:34 PM »
Juliet made out in the nude with Angelina Jolie in the movie "Gia"...I trust her lol.

Seriously, though, I do like how people on this show are not black-and-white "good" or "bad". They're all sorts of grey from one episode to another.

Ben comes back for Locke when he could have escaped...then Ben tried killing Anna Lucia...then Ben closed the door in Juliet's face when she tried escaping with him from the Hydra station flooding...then Juliet tried to get Jack to kill Ben...actually, other than that I'm not sure Juliet was ever shown screwing someone over. But anyway yeah, both characters are in the grey middle, morally. Much like real life. Thank goodness, because I would hate for Lost to be nothing more than your average soap opera where everyone is blatantly "good" or "evil".

I agree WhatThe... those surprise twists keep the show interesting and I love getting thrown for the loop when we don't know how people stand on the show... Michael killing AL and Libby is the greatest example... So I guess it goes back to that whole "we're the good guys" speech... I like not knowing who's good or bad, and I'm glad that there's n clear cut answer because that leaves the characters themsleves to figure out who to trust and who no to... That's why I find this whole Jack slowly becoming at ease with the Others, and the Jack-Juliet relationship so interesting...

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 03:27:31 PM »
Juliet is the new Sloan from Alias.  You trust her then you don't.  Then, you don't know whether you can trust her, and before long nobody believes anything that she says.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »
Juliet is the new Sloan from Alias.  You trust her then you don't.  Then, you don't know whether you can trust her, and before long nobody believes anything that she says.

That's a pretty good analogy and tie in to Alias...

Juliet is a sort of Maverick and I wonder how she will play Jack or Ben, obviously Ben kept her alive for a reason... but now she has to deal with being shunned from their group which is why I think that she will use Jack to her advantage as always...

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 08:45:21 PM »
I don't trust Juliette at all - she's only out for herself. I think Jack could be taken in though - he think's lost Kate, he sawher wityh Sawyer. They didn't know each other that long - it's not like Kate was the love of his life so why not move on - I think Juliette is manipulating him and I reckon her should be trusting Ben more than her.

ON another note - there was no need for such a drawn out sickly song at the end - it was a bit cheesy.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
I don't trust Juliette at all - she's only out for herself. I think Jack could be taken in though - he think's lost Kate, he sawher wityh Sawyer. They didn't know each other that long - it's not like Kate was the love of his life so why not move on - I think Juliette is manipulating him and I reckon her should be trusting Ben more than her.

ON another note - there was no need for such a drawn out sickly song at the end - it was a bit cheesy.
My hubby & I go crazy when there's 3 minutes of the show left & they start a song like that.  :-\  We need a cliffhanger every week!   :)