Author Topic: No Brady Bunch on the island?  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: No Brady Bunch on the island?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 01:05:13 PM »
it seemed consistent with the cult-ish behavior that we've seen thus far.  They are only allowing the children to be exposed to certain types of entertainment (if any)-  starving them from the rest of society, so they can feed them only doctrine that supports their way of thinking.
i know this probably wasn't meant to be funny, but i think you can appreciate my thoughts when i read it.  it reminds me of how we, as parents, monitor our own kids tv shows/who they play with/etc and teach them what we want them to know and believe.  lol.  are we cult-ish?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 01:06:13 PM »
The jugdish family worship all things Brett Favre.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 01:09:55 PM »
it seemed consistent with the cult-ish behavior that we've seen thus far.  They are only allowing the children to be exposed to certain types of entertainment (if any)-  starving them from the rest of society, so they can feed them only doctrine that supports their way of thinking.
i know this probably wasn't meant to be funny, but i think you can appreciate my thoughts when i read it.  it reminds me of how we, as parents, monitor our own kids tv shows/who they play with/etc and teach them what we want them to know and believe.  lol.  are we cult-ish?
We definitely filter & shelter, but recognize the need for balance in exposing them to broader experiences & ideas so they can grow to be rational, intelligent, productive, sensitive, & productive members of society.

Good point, though, LB.  lol

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 01:22:09 PM »
We definitely filter & shelter, but recognize the need for balance in exposing them to broader experiences & ideas so they can grow to be rational, intelligent, productive, sensitive, & productive members of society.

what a great way to put it!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 02:10:09 PM »

what a great way to put it!
It's a whole lot easier said than done, though, isn't it.  :-\

:)