Author Topic: Boat  (Read 8028 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Boat
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 01:48:49 PM »
They said they had to leave  because the losties knew where they were. They do not know were the village is.
i know that's what they said, but it doesn't make sense.  the losties have karl, and karl knows where utopia is, so he can tell them.  so what's the point?  with him they are going to find the others anyway.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 06:00:56 PM »
The truth is the writers didn't think it through very clearly, and they are letting the fans do all the thinking for them. Then they come to a message board like this one, see all the fans' attempts at applying logic to their script flaws, and then incorporate the best posts into the show lol. ;)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »
The truth is the writers didn't think it through very clearly, and they are letting the fans do all the thinking for them. Then they come to a message board like this one, see all the fans' attempts at applying logic to their script flaws, and then incorporate the best posts into the show lol. ;)
i think you are entirely right!

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Patchy meeting. Some of this will get cleared up then methinks.

What's the Patchy meeting?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 04:00:15 PM »
I'm looking forward to the Patchy meeting. Some of this will get cleared up then methinks.

What's the Patchy meeting?

I'm assuming it's the moment when we get to see who the guy wearing he eyepatch who was seen on the monitor by Locke, Sayid and Desmond is revealed to us. As of right now, he's some mystery figure in a mystery hatch...

Offline Schmoe

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 05:06:08 PM »
That happened so long ago, I forgot about it.  Who is that guy anyway?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 05:52:02 PM »
It was this season, just semms like forever. We do not know who he is.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »

The boat was pretty big. Maybe it's a research vessel. The most frequent reason to row out to a boat is because the boat may run aground if attempting to dock or if there is no dock (the losties had to row out to Desmond's sailboat after all).
Danielle's old research ship, perhaps?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »
As someone who has never believed them to have a submarine I have to ask - why didn't they use that?

Offline Chefpyro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 08:05:44 PM »
i have seen every episode and i don't recall a sub. yet people talk about it.????

<---------------Pyro

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 09:44:19 PM »
Earlier this season they brought the chick Sun shot back in the sub. Ben said to Juliet that the sub was back and there was a problem

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 04:21:46 PM »
so why not use it? - if they brought her body back safely in it why not carry Ben safely in it?

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
This boat was much larger than the one Mike left on.  They used the larger boat for the Evac - not the smaller sub.  No need to Evac - why would they be scared of Kate and Sawyer anyway?  Maybe they were scared that Kate and Sawyer would find the village and nobody would be there to protect it??

I also agree that we left Pala because the majority of the web posts said they didn't like it and wanted to get back to the beach.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 04:27:58 AM »
I think the large boat was that far out because it has a larger draft and they do not want to risk taking the boat close into shore where shallow water resides. The use of a smaller boat to ferry passengers to and from land to larger vessels has been used for thousands of years.

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »
They said they had to leave  because the losties knew where they were. They do not know were the village is.

This has been bothering me, if they take Jack back to the village then they cant let him leave for this same reason. Once Jack knows where the others live he has to be killed, converted or sent back to the real world.
Or was it a false reason to leave alcatraz?