Author Topic: we don't live here?  (Read 7279 times)

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
we don't live here?
« on: February 22, 2007, 12:26:07 AM »
so do they live on the orginal island... or is there another island out there. Also how come no one has ever found their little colony and aren't they scared that someone will find them

Offline esque0

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: we don't live here?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 12:30:46 AM »
so do they live on the orginal island... or is there another island out there. Also how come no one has ever found their little colony and aren't they scared that someone will find them
They live on the main island.  It was clearly connected by land to the tail crash site.  Since the Tailies didn't cross a huge body of water on the way to the Losties' camp ...

As to why no one has ever found it, our main heroes haven't explored the whole island.  Much of it is mountainous, with plenty of valleys to hide a small village.  Rousseau may have found it, but she's not exactly very forthcoming.  Also, remember that the Others defined a "line" that the Losties were not to cross, under penalty of ... something unpleasant.  That could have been to keep them away from Otherville, out of line of sight of Alcatraz, or both.  Also, I believe they have to go through Smokey's hunting grounds to even get to the "line," so that adds more issues.

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 12:31:22 AM »
they pretend to be wild tribal people. they tell losties not to cross a line. they dont think that the mini island is hidden enough or protection. they obviously have a good hiding spot on the island somewhere. doesnt seem that far out, if the smoke monster decided to attack the survivors in the jungle past the middle of season 1 it would have explained them feeling a bit safer where ever they may be.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 12:43:48 AM »
Suburbia is on the main island.

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 12:48:58 AM »

i was in the dark on this too... Maybe they answered three questions for ppl that missed something before :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 12:52:15 AM »
This has been told to us before, Sawyer and ben discussed it on top of the hill with the bunny and Kate and sawyer discussed it so did Tom and Jack. Very old news

Offline HanginWithMrEko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 12:56:13 AM »
just confused by why Sawyer would ask that when they got back to the main island then... thanks for the heads up

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 12:59:54 AM »
Sawyer or any lostie did not know about little suburbia, but we did

mindsparkle

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 04:02:19 AM »
When Sawyer said, "you have back yards" I laughed out loud.... that will stay with Sawyer and he'll have some doozies to say about whoville in the mountains... can't wait for them to find suburbia... maybe they'll drive up there in Hurley's VW bus....

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 10:17:07 AM »
ok guys lets bring out our memory banks here, remember in season 1 and somewhat in season 2 the "mysterious" smoke in the distance that Rouseau would always say was the "others".  If I was marooned on an island and saw smoke I would head right for it.  If that smoke is still showing then anyone could find the others camp quite easily.  Also, what is the smoke?  Is there some big powerplant that gives them the electricity?

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
I think the smoke she saw was like the smoke at the end of season one - not very inviting

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 10:29:07 PM »
Maybe the black smoke was the Smoke Monster arriving at work...lol

Offline daisyrain

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »
Inviting or not though you would still want to check it out.

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 11:23:01 PM »
but she said that everytime that they would have the black smoke something bad was going to happen.  I think she said they would come and take people. That is why towards the end of season one they wanted to open that hatch so they could go in there and hide. The others had lit the fire with the black smoke and according to danielle they were coming for them. That is why they didn't investigate it. They wanted to hide instead.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »
but she said that everytime that they would have the black smoke something bad was going to happen.  I think she said they would come and take people. That is why towards the end of season one they wanted to open that hatch so they could go in there and hide. The others had lit the fire with the black smoke and according to danielle they were coming for them. That is why they didn't investigate it. They wanted to hide instead.

True...as well as Sayid and Charlie DID go investigate the black smoke when they went searching for Aaron and Rousseau. That's when they figured out that Rousseau was the one who caused the black smoke, and not the Others.

I'm assuming that the "black smoke" that Rousseau refers to is actually the smoke monster, and not some type of "signal" that the Others use to announce their arrival.