Author Topic: Cindy and the Kids  (Read 10818 times)

Offline DaddyBeast

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Cindy and the Kids
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 02:32:05 PM »
Whenever I hear the clip from Cindy, all I remember is Chance the Gardener, "I like to watch."

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 02:48:39 PM »
And why did the Others make the kids walk through the jungle barefoot dragging the teddy bear?

Or was that an adult with the bear?

Offline skbrad76

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 03:05:05 PM »
I got the overwhelming sense that Cincdy was taking the children on a field trip.  It appeared that Cindy was part of a day care trip and Jack was part of the zoo.  I don't think the kids lived on the (alcatraz) island, but were brought there to watch the trial or see Jack in a cage.

Offline iubase28

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 03:22:27 PM »
And why did the Others make the kids walk through the jungle barefoot dragging the teddy bear?

Or was that an adult with the bear?

I wondered the same thing, if the kids have a better life then why would they be walking through the jungle and from what i remember wearing rags?  Also i think in that scene the losties started hearing voices and weird smokey noises so they hid, then they saw the children.  Who knows maybe it was smokey acting as the children???

Offline Schmoe

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »
That's a good point about smokey.  Maybe Ben and Company control smokey to do some of their dirty work and to throw people off with other images.

Unfortunately, I am also concerned that it is just a case of the writers not having all of the details worked out when they put stuff in during the first two seasons and now we may have some inconsistencies.

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »
I can't make up my mind as to what they were there to watch. If they were there to watch Jack, I agree with whoever said that they wouldn't have left just because he yelled at them. But I also don't think that the others would want to have Cindy and the Kids at one of their trials - or would they?  Scare them into behaving? Show them what real justice should be?
I just can't figure it out.
Jack?
The trial?
Or something else?
 ???

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 09:17:34 AM »
What would Patchy McCreep or the guy who mans the Pearl say if you asked them why they were there at their stations?

"We're here to watch."

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
I can't make up my mind as to what they were there to watch. If they were there to watch Jack, I agree with whoever said that they wouldn't have left just because he yelled at them. But I also don't think that the others would want to have Cindy and the Kids at one of their trials - or would they?  Scare them into behaving? Show them what real justice should be?
I just can't figure it out.
Jack?
The trial?
Or something else?
 ???
Carl did mention there would be no moon that night, maybe they were there to watch some stars and maybe even make up some names for a few constellations.

Cindy, the two kids and the 10 other adults standing in the courtyard are there for the reading of Julietís verdict.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »
I can't really blame Jack for not asking more questions anymore...I mean it's not as if anyone in the Others' camp every actually ANSWERS questions directly. Hell, if you ever ask any of them who exactly they are, all you'll get in response is a calm "We're the good guys" lol. Either that, or you'll get "Patience, Jack..."...or they just walk away silently without even acknowledging a question was asked.

Who we should really be pissed off at are Jack and Kate for not grilling Carl. His bond and loyalty to the Others was already non-exitent BEFORE they let him leave the group. Now they had him alone and on the main island, and all they got out of him was that they live on the main island, do projects and have backyards? And Kate acting angry because Sawyer let him go..."we could have gotten more info from him". Oh, like the entire boat ride and time spent setting up camp did NOT allow you enough time to ask him question? You wanted instead to wait until some unspecified later time to do so? Please.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:23:27 PM by WhatThe »

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 08:06:06 PM »
I can't really blame Jack for not asking more questions anymore...I mean it's not as if anyone in the Others' camp every actually ANSWERS questions directly. Hell, if you ever ask any of them who exactly they are, all you'll get in response is a calm "We're the good guys" lol. Either that, or you'll get "Patience, Jack..."...or they just walk away silently without even acknowledging a question was asked.

Who we should really be pissed off at are Jack and Kate for not grilling Carl. His bond and loyalty to the Others was already non-exitent BEFORE they let him leave the group. Now they had him alone and on the main island, and all they got out of him was that they live on the main island, do projects and have backyards? And Kate acting angry because Sawyer let him go..."we could have gotten more info from him". Oh, like the entire boat ride and time spent setting up camp did NOT allow you enough time to ask him question? You wanted instead to wait until some unspecified later time to do so? Please. 

This show is getting more incredulous by the week.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 09:16:38 PM »

Except that Carl was passed out for most of the boat ride and early when they were making camp. Kate was the one grilling him and found out about the village on their island. So she was doing what you wanted. Sawyer was the wuss who let him go.

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 09:33:42 PM »
lol, Carl doesn't seem to be all with it - too much brainwashing perhaps? He probably doesn't know what the hell is going on anyways!

Hmm, I wonder if Carl and Alex are related? Maybe Danielle has had another baby since she crashed on the island (I mean, she isn't exactly all with it herself). That would be weird of course, but makes sense as to why Ben wants them apart. Just tossing it out there, haven't given it much thought...
 ???

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 01:31:26 AM »

Except that Carl was passed out for most of the boat ride and early when they were making camp. Kate was the one grilling him and found out about the village on their island. So she was doing what you wanted. Sawyer was the wuss who let him go.
She got nothing from him, though, outside of there being a village on the island. Whoopie lol. And apparently she stopped asking him questions, and never thought about asking WHAT projects they did, how HE got there, WHO exactly Ben was, WHAT the hatches were there for, WHY they wanted the three of them, WHAT they wanted Walt for, WHO kept dropping food supplies...etc, etc, yadda yadda. If the only thing she could get out of him was that, yes, they live in houses and not caves, then she wasn't trying very hard.

Let's face it, the show has never shown any of the crash survivors all too eager to find answers...and the logic behind letting Carl go was flawed from one episode to the next. Juliet told Alex she couldn't go with Carl because if Ben woke up from surgery and she wasn't there, he would find and kill Carl. It was the reason she let him go, because she knew it would save his life. But then Sawyer lets Carl go once they have him alone and away from the Others...because he says he's a "target" for the Others? Okaay...lol...I guess Alex stayed behind for no reason in Sawyers' eyes.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 01:37:31 AM by WhatThe »

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 01:35:04 AM »
If numbnuts sawyer wouldn't of let Carl go then Brilliant Kate would of had more time to ask him questions. She was working him and Sawyer (as usual) blew it. ;D

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 01:39:11 AM »
If numbnuts sawyer wouldn't of let Carl go then Brilliant Kate would of had more time to ask him questions. She was working him and Sawyer (as usual) blew it. ;D

LoL...Hell, I would have asked Carl about 57 questions in between the time he came to consciousness and the time we reached the beach. She was too busy yelling "We have to get Jack! Turn the boat around!"....F*** Jack, I want some answers, dammit!