Author Topic: Perhaps the "others" are from the future!  (Read 4389 times)

Offline r.harrod

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Perhaps the "others" are from the future!
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:20:31 AM »
Ok, first off, i just found this community and I am loving it. After watching last nights episode with Desmond apparently traveling back in time, or so it seems, this is my theory of Lost. I am beginning to wonder if the others are actually from the future who had traveled back in time to either stop an event from occuring, or were escaping an apocolyptic type future. Certain events make more sense to me if the others were infact from the future. Here are some examples of my thoughts. The others seem to know everything about the passengers on the airplane, perhaps because they had already read or learned about them years later. The MRI of the 27 year old woman with the uterus of a 70 year old could explain that whomever this was an MRI of, was from the future, and when they traveled back in time, their insides never reverted back to their past, even though their appearance did. If i remember correctly, it has been told that Walt was a very special person, whom the others had alot of interest in, perhaps he had created something that could destroy civilization in the future, therefore, they are trying to prevent him from doing so(kind of like the terminator scenerio). Tom made mention to when the skies turned purple, which can happen after an atomic explosion, or a large meteor crashing into the planet blocking out most of the suns rays. The polar bear on the island might not be out of place at all, perhaps the island is actually the north pole after years of global warming,and if it were the north pole, that could account for the magnetic annomolies on the island, since the North Pole is roughly were magnetic north is located.The old woman who told Desmond he needs keep pushing the button or they would die, may have been sent back to ensure Desmond doenst go thru with his proposal to Penny. It just seems to make more sense that the others were sent back to try and change something from occuring, and I am sure some of you may be able to elaborate on this in greater detail than myself. So what do you think?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps the "others" are from the future!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 01:38:11 AM »
Great post.  Really has me thinking.  I see how the red section fits what we already know about the show, but it does kinda turn too Terminator-ish for me after that. :-\ :)  But I will say that I've been convinced of the time travel theory since we saw Des turn up naked in the jungle....all because of Terminator. 8)  lol  :D
Ok, first off, i just found this community and I am loving it. After watching last nights episode with Desmond apparently traveling back in time, or so it seems, this is my theory of Lost. I am beginning to wonder if the others are actually from the future who had traveled back in time to either stop an event from occuring, or were escaping an apocolyptic type future. Certain events make more sense to me if the others were infact from the future. Here are some examples of my thoughts. The others seem to know everything about the passengers on the airplane, perhaps because they had already read or learned about them years later. The MRI of the 27 year old woman with the uterus of a 70 year old could explain that whomever this was an MRI of, was from the future, and when they traveled back in time, their insides never reverted back to their past, even though their appearance did. If i remember correctly, it has been told that Walt was a very special person, whom the others had alot of interest in, perhaps he had created something that could destroy civilization in the future, therefore, they are trying to prevent him from doing so(kind of like the terminator scenerio). Tom made mention to when the skies turned purple, which can happen after an atomic explosion, or a large meteor crashing into the planet blocking out most of the suns rays. The polar bear on the island might not be out of place at all, perhaps the island is actually the north pole after years of global warming,and if it were the north pole, that could account for the magnetic annomolies on the island, since the North Pole is roughly were magnetic north is located.The old woman who told Desmond he needs keep pushing the button or they would die, may have been sent back to ensure Desmond doenst go thru with his proposal to Penny. It just seems to make more sense that the others were sent back to try and change something from occuring, and I am sure some of you may be able to elaborate on this in greater detail than myself. So what do you think?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:13:28 AM »
If this is even remotely correct I will be one pissed off viewer. Future people?? Come ON. I am not even sure desmond traveled back in time. It very well could of been a lucid dream.

PatchieMcCreep

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
no time travel
no aliens
no clones
all explainable scientifically

at least that is what they said.
so far, i haven't seen anything other than the smoke creature that couldn't be explained scientfically.
desmond did not time travel, he had a dream and his life flashed, is flashing and will contine to flash before his eyes

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 01:48:02 PM »
Take it from me, I've already been beaten down on this one...THERE IS NO TIME TRAVEL ON LOST!

That's the rumor, anyway.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »
No others from the future.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »
If the others were from the future then they would never allow Jack to perform the surgery as they would already know the outcome

Yeah I would be pissed too!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 05:15:54 PM »

Offline r.harrod

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 05:31:27 PM »
If the others were from the future then they would never allow Jack to perform the surgery as they would already know the outcome

Yeah I would be pissed too!!

true, but they did say the universe has away of cause correcting itself, perhaps this was one of them.

Offline nothingbutsky

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 05:57:17 PM »
no time travel
no aliens
no clones
all explainable scientifically

at least that is what they said.
so far, i haven't seen anything other than the smoke creature that couldn't be explained scientfically.
desmond did not time travel, he had a dream and his life flashed, is flashing and will contine to flash before his eyes

Things that can't be explained scientifically...
1. Dessie seeing the future.
2. Walt appearing in the camp, etc.
3. The Black Rock in the middle of the island.
4. The aforementioned Smokster.
...did I miss anything?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »
I'm with Juggy
NO OTHERS FROM THE FUTURE

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »
Thank you!

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2007, 06:04:11 PM »
Maybe they are from another planet though.....

(running away so I don't get smacked...I'm just messing around anyway...ITS FRIDAY!!)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:D