Author Topic: No Matter What I Do, You're Going to Die, Charlie  (Read 19706 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: No Matter What I Do, You're Going to Die, Charlie
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 01:09:36 AM »
I don't think Charlie will die just for the simple reason that they say he is going to die.  If they kept that part quiet for a few episodes and let people figure it out for themselves, I would've believed it.  Like if Claire was the one who was meant to die.  I was thinking she was going to die until Desmond explained that it was Charlie he kept saving.  But since he said it's going to happen, then I bet it won't and either they'll find a way to "change" things or someone else will be sacrificed.  After all, if Charlie sticks to Desmond, he can pretty much never die. I hope they don't go the Final Destination route.

Offline uofapiglet

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 01:17:49 AM »
Wow, talk about deja vu... I was just about to post something about the Final Destination routine... :P

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 01:20:25 AM »
He can keep saving Charlie for awhile I guess. Does not mean he will die soon. But his story is about over.

Once again, I agree with Juggy...

It's just funny that Charlie was singing "Wonderwall" by Oasis...

cuz maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me... LOL!!! :D 

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 02:22:46 AM »
I, personally, do not want Charlie to die.  Of course, I was saddened when Pickett died.   :-X  After watching it, my friend started speculating that Evangeline and Dominic broke up and things were getting awkward on the set so they decided to oust Charlie.  I thought that was funny.

Anyway, even though my vote doesn't count, I say "KEEP CHARLIE."  I will make a trade: Charlie for Claire, even though that means Aaron will be raised by others.

mindsparkle

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 02:46:24 AM »
Cardacct, I love that you are making deals with the universe... if I understand any of what happened tonight it has something to do with paths and destiny within the universe... and your negotiations for Charlie are the greatest example of free will... you want the story different and by george it's all negotiable... to think all things are possible is free will...

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 02:51:18 AM »
...and selfishness, mindsparkle!  I am selfish!  But, yeah.  I actually had a hard time with that scene when the ring lady tells Desmond what to do because I personally believe that my agency is the one thing that people can't take from me, so to imply that Desmond is unable to choose a certain path causes me to  >:( and  ::).

Offline airdudei

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 02:56:54 AM »
lol ya except in Final Destination they didn't have a dang psychic on their side.

mindsparkle

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 03:03:12 AM »
...and selfishness, mindsparkle!  I am selfish!  But, yeah.  I actually had a hard time with that scene when the ring lady tells Desmond what to do because I personally believe that my agency is the one thing that people can't take from me, so to imply that Desmond is unable to choose a certain path causes me to  >:( and  ::).

I totally agree... it goes against all that I believe... which I think is the real message we were suppose to get tonight... just how stable is our paradigm and what would it take to challenge our beliefs... 

I'm rummy from lack of sleep, just hope I'm making sense... if not humor me and I'll get back to making sense tomorrow! LOL

Offline snowyjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 05:00:45 AM »
Of course CHarlies Gonna Die!!! of old age....lol... PL, Gensolo, Juggy all of you.... no matter what i do... youre all gonna die... its like a figure of speach....

Offline ChellyKins

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 06:38:39 AM »
Like I said in another thread...maybe "Wonderwall" is a clue and Desi actually does save Charlie from dying.

I personally didn't like Charlie all that much as a character, but I still don't want him to die.

I think I understand ya Cardi, if I'm wrong..please put me back on track...but if someone told me this is how my future was going to be, I'd do all sorts of things differently to spruce up the future in some way(s). But I'm a rebellious twit.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 07:14:02 AM »
And I think destiny can still be changed as long as you make the right choices.  Desmond realized he repeated the same mistake when he had a chance to make things right for him.  I think the old lady was full of **** and it was just another smoke monster test.  And maybe if Desmond chose to marry Penny, he would've ended up like Ecko.

Offline Hatchelor

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 07:59:29 AM »
I'm thrilled for the possibility of Charlie dying. He's done nothing but annoy me since season 1.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 10:23:14 AM »
I'm thrilled for the possibility of Charlie dying. He's done nothing but annoy me since season 1.

LoL!...Can't say I don't blame you, I sorta feel the same way.

However, wtf happened to Charlie's importance on the show? They had the episode where Charlie has the big religious dream about saving Aaron, his mom appearing in it and repeating "Save us, Charlie" (or something similar). Was that really only meant to be a one-time deal and hold no importance beyond that episode? Are they just gonna erase all the alledged importance of Charlie's presence like they did with Walt, Aaron and Ecko? (Seriously...Desmond holds huge importance...while Aaron and Walt are irrelevant afterthoughts now).

Offline zappa1

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Ecko, Ana Lucia, and Charlie all killed OTHERS on the island

now they are all dead except Charlie......hmmmm

Offline firemanandlostfan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 11:47:14 AM »
Ecko, Ana Lucia, and Charlie all killed OTHERS on the island

now they are all dead except Charlie......hmmmm

Maybe you are on to something there.  That would mean Sun would be next though.