Author Topic: Locke/Juliet  (Read 4184 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Locke/Juliet
« on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:17 PM »
Just so you know, I really don't think this is true.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

Locke's mother said that Locke was immaculately conceived. Juliet did work with immaculate conception (male rat getting pregnant). Rachel and Annabelle (Annabeth?) look somewhat similar.

If you twist the timeline just right and screw it completely over, then maybe Rachel is Locke's mother ;)

I doubt it.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Locke/Juliet
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »
While I do not think that Rachel is Locke's mother, I do believe that Locke was conceived "unnaturally."

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:07 PM »

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN..................

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »
While I do not think that Rachel is Locke's mother, I do believe that Locke was conceived "unnaturally."
I'm not even sure I believe that.

She says to Locke that he has no father. Then, Locke finds that Anthony Cooper is his father.

I think what happened is that she had "relations" with Cooper, but she was in an uber-religious home and didn't tell anyone that she had sex. Then she got pregnant. She told the lie that Locke was immaculately conceived. She ended up saying this so much that she started to believe it, and there is the source of her schizophrenia.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »
That's a good theory.  It seems consistent with other info. 

I believe that Anthony Cooper is Locke's biological father, but I'm thinking it was done in a test-tube or something.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »
Possibly. I don't really know either way. I just don't know much about test tube babies to say which one... and unless the theory at the top of the page is true, I doubt that Locke was immaculately conceived.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 03:02:14 PM »
There is no skewing of the timeline that can make a younger woman the father of an older man!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 03:03:21 PM »
I agree... I am curious how it will play out tho...

Offline jules778

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 04:23:29 PM »
Possibly. I don't really know either way. I just don't know much about test tube babies to say which one... and unless the theory at the top of the page is true, I doubt that Locke was immaculately conceived.

Just for reference.. the first "test tube baby" was conceived in 1978 in England. So I doubt Locke is a test tube baby... I am more willing to believe the fact that his mother didn't want everyone to know that she had sex.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 04:48:37 PM »
The Hanso/Dharma groups do their work outside the known science field. They were way ahead of the times.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »
SOL had posted some good material on this.  She really has me leaning toward the test-tube baby idea.  :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 05:19:15 PM »
She is the one that got me behind the idea. She had connections to it also, like white rabbit.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 05:32:35 PM »
I believe Anthony Cooper is the biological one, but is almost being conned out of his faith for his parents, as if they both didn't want to know him. Thats why hes become a sucker to everyone/everything else who treats him with some affection, puts his faith in that certian thing and gets conned etc.
So basically my guess is that he was concieved in some scientific manner, perhaps a working experiment at the time for Dhama. Myabe his life was a whole experiment, his birth (some cutting edge science experiment), his wheelchair accident (to see if he was able to walk perfectly on the island).
I don't know, just another sketchy little theory, that I do. :D