Author Topic: Was Juliets opening flashback on the island?  (Read 2541 times)

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Was Juliets opening flashback on the island?
« on: February 14, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »
My little theory here is sketchy, so forgive me if it sounds stupid/too unrealistic.
I was watching 3x7 for the second time today, and I just had a little brainwave, yet I somewhat doubt it is possible.
As we all know, Julietís Sister was infertile and Juliet was trying to make her pregnant. The corridor Juliet was walking through reminded me of a hatch, flickering lights, undecorated walls etc. along with the small rooms.
I know the question you are all saying to this topic now; 'Yes but Juliet opened the curtains, low and behold a lovely skyline appeared with a plane flying low.'
What if this is all part of the mind games? For instance 'The room' Karl was in. Yet I'm not 100% how they could make such a 'mirage' (sp?) out of a window.
Yes, there are many faults in this theory, one of the main being the positive pregnancy test result that Julietís Sister obtained. So I am just going to copy down a few bullet points to (hopefully) back-up my ideas;
- The opening scene showed her sitting on a deserted shoreline with no sign of civilization ahead.
- Juliet took her sister to the island with her? AFTER Juliet found out her sister to be pregnant, yet was a false alarm and is/was still trying to make her fertile this island.
- Ethan walking down the corridor greeting Juliet. (Not something a stranger would do)
- The record player in Julietís Sisters room, another old fashioned feature we see in other hatches around the island.
- Julietís look of guilt whilst her sister is sleeping because she bought her onto this island?
Another big fault in this is the quote;
Juliet: 'We don't have to keep doing this, you know'
Julietís Sister: 'Are you saying this because you don't think it will work, or afraid he will find out'
The only explanation I can conjure up with this is "he" doesn't have to be her ex-husband.
Well, to b honest I'm not 100% either, well not even 50%, but there you go  :D. There are many holes etc. just a thought really. Thanks.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Was Juliets opening flashback on the island?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 01:03:51 PM »
Thanks for posting that. The corridor did spark the thoughts of it looking like it was part of a Hatch. I think this was done for two reasons. 1) it was meant to confuse us where they were until we found out they were not on the island. 2) It was meant to throw us. I believe the producers put in a lot of things to throw us off course.

One major problem with your theory is Juliette walking outside to the busy college street and watching her husband get hit by the bus. That is not on the island.

One point towards your theory is what beach front apartments has that crappy of hallway.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 01:05:37 PM »
Naaah, I really don't think this is possible. You can find beaches in Miami without a million people on them. Also, that part may have been on the island.

Ethan is a freaky person. Notice that Juliet didn't return his greeting, so she probably didn't know him. I suppose that there are quite a few people (myself included) that might randomly say hello to someone.

We shouldn't look too far into these things. TPTB have said this story can be enjoyed on many levels. If they start telling us that flashbacks never happened, then the people who just watch the show cause it's neat will stop watching. they don't want to confuse everyone.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 01:20:59 PM »
Thanks for posting that. The corridor did spark the thoughts of it looking like it was part of a Hatch. I think this was done for two reasons. 1) it was meant to confuse us where they were until we found out they were not on the island. 2) It was meant to throw us. I believe the producers put in a lot of things to throw us off course.

One major problem with your theory is Juliette walking outside to the busy college street and watching her husband get hit by the bus. That is not on the island.

One point towards your theory is what beach front apartments has that crappy of hallway.
All very true, but with the flashbacks I just meant the opening flashback, none of the others.
P.S. Sorry for posting this topic twice, my mistake!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 01:23:32 PM »
That confused me, I answered in both threads because I thought I screwed up the first one :D

So are you saying that the sister went with her because the first pregnancy did not work?? Plus she would of known Ethan. Sorry, original but I can't buy it.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 01:30:16 PM »
Lol, the more I think about it too, the more it seems to become impossible. It was just a little brainwave becuase I've got Lost fever again :D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:53 PM »
It takes guts to put out a new theory! I had the same thought when I saw that hallway.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »
Good thinking, Frosty, but the theory seems too far fetched for our Producers.