Author Topic: Run over by a bus???  (Read 7132 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Run over by a bus???
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 01:42:43 PM »
I think her husband stepped onto the street knowing he was about to get hit by the bus.  The Others are willing to do almost anything, why not kill yourself for the cause?  And if he didn't do it willingly, he could have been brainwashed and under their control.  I'm just saying it's a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out.  I could be wrong. 
I don't think he was part of the plan at all. If he was he could of just encouraged her to go. He was just in the way of Dharmas plan.
I agree with Juggy. If he was part of the plan, he would have encouraged her to go. The OTHERs may be willing to die, but they will look for alternatives first.

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »
I don't think he was part of the plan at all. If he was he could of just encouraged her to go. He was just in the way of Dharmas plan.

Agreed.  And if smokie's the bus driver, I'm done with the show.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 01:54:50 PM »

Agreed.  And if smokie's the bus driver, I'm done with the show.
HAHAHAHA LOVE IT :D

mindsparkle

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 06:02:17 PM »
this is totally off the wall but here's a different perspective... the recruiters told Juliet that she was special... there's that word again... I think that Juliet may have some powers similar to Walt and she may have put that thought out there and it manifested it's self... also she may have helped her sister get pregnant with a little of her mojo...

She was depicted as a wallflower and completely under the thumb of her husband... she probably kept herself in that position because she believed him so much... the recruiters were the first opportunity where the focus was on her... she was given an opportunity... she wanted it and boom she makes things happen...

Like I said just another perspective.... humor me....  ;D ;D

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 08:26:17 PM »
this is totally off the wall but here's a different perspective... the recruiters told Juliet that she was special... there's that word again... I think that Juliet may have some powers similar to Walt and she may have put that thought out there and it manifested it's self... also she may have helped her sister get pregnant with a little of her mojo...

She was depicted as a wallflower and completely under the thumb of her husband... she probably kept herself in that position because she believed him so much... the recruiters were the first opportunity where the focus was on her... she was given an opportunity... she wanted it and boom she makes things happen...

Once again Mindsparkle, you could be onto something, maybe now she realises she has some 'powers' and that's why she's no longer a mess. She said in the last episode that she wasn't a leader but I'm convinced that she was higher than Ben at one stage and maybe it's her 'power' that got her there.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:48 PM »

Innnnnterrreessssting. :)

Now that you mention it, it is a little reminiscent of Walt's bird flying into the window. :-\ 

I still feel like it may be a bit of a reach, though, when the story that Alpert & Ethan caused it still supports the plot of the show as well.  It's not set up as a mystery, so IMO, I don't think we should make it into one.   But I do love hearing your mind...sparkle.  :)

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 07:02:53 AM »
but it was them who told JUliette she was special - maybe they knew

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »
That line has been used many times on the show in order to manipulate.  I see it as fitting with that theme.

Offline snowyjoe

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 09:10:52 PM »
I predict we will see that Ethan is the driver.
that's what i've been thinking too.

haahaahaa... ethan... you gotta love him....