Author Topic: Run over by a bus???  (Read 6861 times)

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Run over by a bus???
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:03:59 PM »
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but is it a foregone conclusion that Juliet's ex-husband getting run over was coordinated by the recruiters?  Juliet was actually talking to him when it happened, but how could this have logistically happened?

I haven't gotten to watch it again, so if anyone has a link to that clip, please post it, but if I'm remembering everything correctly, I'm having a hard time believing that they got him to step in front of that bus.

I know it seems really obvious that they did coordinate it because of the earlier conversation, etc., but the more I think about this, the more I think I'm either missing something or Juliet's (and everyone else's) memories/flashbacks are inaccurate or fabricated, or the bus thing had to just be a coincidence.

Offline ButchFitz

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Run over by a bus???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 07:36:18 PM »
my guess is that the recruiters payed the bus driver some big bucks, or else they had someone working on the inside. The driver probably just waited until he stepped onto the street, then gunned it. The point is: Juliet's ex-husband was killed by the recruiters... how they did it isn't quite as important in my opinion

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 08:42:39 PM »
If you'd like to see the clip again and you're from the US, go to www.ABC.com and they have the entire episode for free, or so I've been told. If  you can't get that, go to www.lost-media.com for screencaps of the episodes... You might have to look around a bit to find them.

Click on LOST Episodes on the left side of the page, and then Season 3. The episode list should be there. If the screencaps are from promos (which I think they are) click on Season 3 screenshots near the top.

I hope that's not too confusing, but I know it would confuse me ;D

To address your question: the bus was waiting in the background when Juliet came out to talk with him.

I think it was an accident that Juliet saw it, but his death was, in my opinion, orchestrated by Mittelos Lab.

Offline Gordon Shumway

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 10:36:37 PM »
I predict we will see that Ethan is the driver.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 11:38:33 PM »
That would be cool!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 10:46:53 AM »
I predict we will see that Ethan is the driver.
that's what i've been thinking too.

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 11:45:55 AM »
If you'd like to see the clip again and you're from the US, go to www.ABC.com and they have the entire episode for free, or so I've been told. If you can't get that, go to www.lost-media.com for screencaps of the episodes... You might have to look around a bit to find them.

Click on LOST Episodes on the left side of the page, and then Season 3. The episode list should be there. If the screencaps are from promos (which I think they are) click on Season 3 screenshots near the top.

I hope that's not too confusing, but I know it would confuse me ;D

To address your question: the bus was waiting in the background when Juliet came out to talk with him.

I think it was an accident that Juliet saw it, but his death was, in my opinion, orchestrated by Mittelos Lab.

Thanks for the direction on looking at ABC.com - I was actually hoping someone had that specific clip, but I'll check it out there.

Also, I didn't realize that the bus was waiting in the background - it seemed to me that the bus was at full speed, and was just part of passing traffic.  But that makes much more sense if it was waiting.  Question answered; thanks.

Offline captaintau

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »
Although I didn't see the driver, my first thought was that Ethan was driving it.

The whole bus thng could be seen coming, though couldn't it?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:57:50 AM »
Although I didn't see the driver, my first thought was that Ethan was driving it.

The whole bus thng could be seen coming, though couldn't it?
A lot of us saw it coming, but I think part of it was helps from the Spoiler section.

As soon as Juliet said "Maybe if he got hit by a bus" I was thinking "oops she shouldn't have said that..."

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »
I would love the driver to be Ethan.

It flashed through my mind when she said it in the interview but it still made me jump when the bus hit him.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 05:50:21 PM »
I would love the driver to be Ethan.

It flashed through my mind when she said it in the interview but it still made me jump when the bus hit him.
Made me jump too! I didn't expect it to be that quick...

I saw the bus in the background and I was thinking "It's curtains for him" and then wham!

Offline sawsee

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 01:08:38 AM »
I have watched the scene online and there appears to be black, billowy-looking objects coming from all the windows, in the building behind Juliet. Can anyone confirm what there are? Trees?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »
There are trees and reflections of trees and clouds. No smoke. Sorry.

Offline char1

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 01:39:53 PM »
I think her husband stepped onto the street knowing he was about to get hit by the bus.  The Others are willing to do almost anything, why not kill yourself for the cause?  And if he didn't do it willingly, he could have been brainwashed and under their control.  I'm just saying it's a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out.  I could be wrong. 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 01:41:07 PM »
I don't think he was part of the plan at all. If he was he could of just encouraged her to go. He was just in the way of Dharmas plan.